PEAX Equipment

Help wanted for reloading for my new gun

Elkhunter24

Hello everyone just got a new Remington 7mm RUM. I am going to start reloading for it and I want to use the Hornady ELD-X. I am not sure to either get the 162 or the 175. I know there are pros and cons to both and I reload for other guns but for some reason I'm stuck on which one to get. I thought about just getting both and see what the groups are like.

Thanks!
Scott

175 is your huckleberry... or the 180 vld as stated, it’s .042 shorter and has a better bc.. don’t forget to use a vld seating stem...

Last edited:
After 18 years of shooting, loading and killing with RUMs, bc isn't a huge concern. I like stout bullets I can count on in a high velocity, close range impact scenario. mtmuley

Thank you fella's. I ordered some brass today and bullets. We will see what it shoots like!!! Fun days ahead :)

I got a custom 7 rum with a 28 inch barrel i tryed 180 berger with 91 grains retumbo but didnt like the way it killed 162 eldx i really like on deer size game i use the same load as the 180 berger 91 grains retumbo funny thing is the 162 is going 3350 and the 180 was going 3300 fps almost same speed even tho heavier go figure thats according to me magneto speed and bullet validation drop at long range i now shoot the 160 accubond with same charge i think u cant go wrong with the accubond at 3300

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back