Couple of Wyoming ?'s

Stackem

I came out last year for my first hunt and absolutely loved it. Took a decent buck in unit 47. This site and its members were a big help. Well the fever has spread to my dad and a couple of guys we work with. Ive been designated the trip planner and have a couple of ?'s i didn't have to deal with last year applying solo.

Can you apply as a part for doe/fawn tags? From what I'm seeing its an individual application.

What are the rules for ORV use, Polaris ranger and quads, on BLM land?

Thanks,
Brandon

I came out last year for my first hunt and absolutely loved it. Took a decent buck in unit 47. This site and its members were a big help. Well the fever has spread to my dad and a couple of guys we work with. Ive been designated the trip planner and have a couple of ?'s i didn't have to deal with last year applying solo.

Can you apply as a part for doe/fawn tags? From what I'm seeing its an individual application.

What are the rules for ORV use, Polaris ranger and quads, on BLM land?

Thanks,
Brandon

Yes, you can apply as a party. The first to apply needs to mark that box and they will give that person the information that the other members will enter on their account as a party. Unless there are signs marking a road or two track as closed they can be used, BUT you need a Wyoming ATV sticker on each machine. Out of state stickers are not recognized on public land in Wyoming, but they aren't needed if you are strictly on private land.

You can apply as a party for doe tags. If we're confident of drawing our buck tags though, we usually apply separately if odds are <100%, in order to increase the chance of at least someone drawing doe tags in our buck area.

Last edited:
You can apply as a party for doe tags. If we're confident of drawing our buck tags though, we usually apply separately if odds are <100%, in order to increase the chance of at least someone drawing doe tags in our buck area.

That's not a bad idea if you know you don't have a 100% chance of drawing with one shot it as a party application!

That's how out group does it as well.

Thanks guys. That's what I thought. We are probably going to apply as a party for buck tags as a group and individual for doe tags. I'm not liking being the sole decision maker the least bit. If we draw I'm going to try to hold out for a nicer buck, but the other guys will shoot whatever. It's mainly a meat hunt. We have one area in mind that we are looking at that has access, but it's quite a hike to it. They were wondering if we could access it on the ORV.

Last edited:
You need to stay on a two track, no cross country travel. Is this a different area than 47?

You need to stay on a two track, no cross country travel. Is this a different area than 47?
Yeah it's a different area. I hunted 47 last year. The one area we are looking at has a larger area we can access but it's about 3 to 4 miles back before it opens up to the larger area. We were thinking of taking the ORV's back instead of walking it.

Yeah it's a different area. I hunted 47 last year. The one area we are looking at has a larger area we can access but it's about 3 to 4 miles back before it opens up to the larger area. We were thinking of taking the ORV's back instead of walking it.

Make sure if you use an ATV that it's stickered with a WY tag and there is a visible two track that they can be operated on to get back where you're talking about taking them. Just a place in the grass where someone might have taken one does not qualify as a two track. Is there one showing on a map of the area?

Yes, you can apply as a party. The first to apply needs to mark that box and they will give that person the information that the other members will enter on their account as a party. Unless there are signs marking a road or two track as closed they can be used, BUT you need a Wyoming ATV sticker on each machine. Out of state stickers are not recognized on public land in Wyoming, but they aren't needed if you are strictly on private land.

This!!!!!!!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back