Caribou Gear

Not an April fool's joke. Just another good read on Zinke.

Give me a break, as it was very obvious his response to the guy was in jest if you watched and listened to the video!

an Idaho-based mining company tied to major toxic contamination in the Little Rocky Mountains is raising eyebrows.

This is patently false.

Hecla is a fantastic company with a good environmental history that pays 6 figure wages and provides a pension on top of a very good 401k match. If every mining company was like them, the environment and industry's reputation would be a lot better off.

Pegasus is responsible for the Landusky mess and should be held responsible. How is it a good idea to punish Hecla for the actions of another company simply because they employ a former Pegasus guy?
That seems to me to be letting Pegasus off, not holding them accountable.

It sends the wrong message, that you can f up the environment, declare bankruptcy and count on your competitors to pick up your tab when one of your employees goes and finds a new job.

Last edited:
Flash, Flash! Editor's desk - Washington Post, front page headline release 04/02/2018.
!!Headline!!
Zinke sneezed in a manner consistent with highly toxic oil company rich CEO snobs.

Just sayin,,,,:)
Tony,
You got me. I failed to respect the Washington Post's writer portrayal of Zinke's "apology" as a sincere apology.

Little humor in light of these type articles that do more damage than good for the interest of us who value public land.

Back