Not an April fool's joke. Just another good read on Zinke.

Give me a break, as it was very obvious his response to the guy was in jest if you watched and listened to the video!

an Idaho-based mining company tied to major toxic contamination in the Little Rocky Mountains is raising eyebrows.

This is patently false.

Hecla is a fantastic company with a good environmental history that pays 6 figure wages and provides a pension on top of a very good 401k match. If every mining company was like them, the environment and industry's reputation would be a lot better off.

Pegasus is responsible for the Landusky mess and should be held responsible. How is it a good idea to punish Hecla for the actions of another company simply because they employ a former Pegasus guy?
That seems to me to be letting Pegasus off, not holding them accountable.

It sends the wrong message, that you can f up the environment, declare bankruptcy and count on your competitors to pick up your tab when one of your employees goes and finds a new job.

Last edited:
Flash, Flash! Editor's desk - Washington Post, front page headline release 04/02/2018.
!!Headline!!
Zinke sneezed in a manner consistent with highly toxic oil company rich CEO snobs.

Just sayin,,,,:)
Tony,
You got me. I failed to respect the Washington Post's writer portrayal of Zinke's "apology" as a sincere apology.

Little humor in light of these type articles that do more damage than good for the interest of us who value public land.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back