Wy App and Hunters Safety

TOGIE

In the past I can't recall having to provide proof of hunters safety when I first did a Wyoming application. Are you able to fill out the application without proof of hunters safety? Obviously you need it to hunt, though.

I have a friend that wants to do some Wyoming hunting with me this year and he is trying to get his hunters safety done before end of May. I was wondering if he wouldn't need to be on such a time crunch to finish hunters safety if he is at least able to apply without it. Then he can be a little less pressured on his schedule to at least have it done before hunting.

I'm in Colorado, where you don't even need to carry your hunters safety with you cause it's all verified in the system and your hunter safety ID is printed on your license - you can't even apply without a valid one. I just don't recall that being the case in Wyoming, especially cause you need to carry your physical hunter safety card with you.

Am I totally off track here? I'm still gonna recommend that he just tried to get it done before the deadline, but maybe I can de-stress him a little if he doesn't need to be in a rush to get it done. It's also tax season for him.

Thanks.

I don't recall ever filling in a Hunter Ed number, for any state.

edit
There is no option to enter a hunter safety ID when creating a new account in Wyoming.

Last edited:
I'm not aware of Wyoming ever requiring what the OP is mentioning to obtain a license through their system. Just have the friend complete his hunter education requirement and when he gets his card he will need to have it on his person with his licenses and Conservation Stamp when he's in the field hunting.

It seems Wyoming does not require Hunter Safety as their law states "no person shall take game" without it. Wyoming is unique in my experience as Alaska and Montana require your CID# upfront.

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Hunting/What-do-I-need-to-Hunt

I have no idea whether you're being serious or trying to make a joke when reading your post, but if you're trying to be serious you are way off and it certainly is needed if born after 1/1/66.

I have no idea whether you're being serious or trying to make a joke when reading your post, but if you're trying to be serious you are way off and it certainly is needed if born after 1/1/66.

I think you just need to read what he is saying more carefully.

I don't recall ever filling in a Hunter Ed number, for any state.

edit
There is no option to enter a hunter safety ID when creating a new account in Wyoming.

Ha! must have never applied for Nevada. NR have to send a copy of there's in for review!

It's not required in WY to apply, but IIRC you have to have it on your person while hunting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back