Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Breaks

Man, I need to find the good units in Montana. I spent a whopping 3 hours in 410 in November and glassed 5 different 6x6's.

Man, I need to find the good units in Montana. I spent a whopping 3 hours in 410 in November and glassed 5 different 6x6's.

There are small 6x6’s behind every tree in 410. It’s a great hunt if a guy wants to see a lot of bulls, but there are better quality units that are much easier to draw.

There are small 6x6’s behind every tree in 410. It’s a great hunt if a guy wants to see a lot of bulls, but there are better quality units that are much easier to draw.

I'm not calling B.S., I just hope I find one of the ones you speak of one day. My experiences in the mid tier units have been mixed at best.

But with that many bulls, that much public access, and that easy of terrain, I totally get why the odds are so piss-poor for 410.

I'm not calling B.S., I just hope I find one of the ones you speak of one day. My experiences in the mid tier units have been mixed at best.

But with that many bulls, that much public access, and that easy of terrain, I totally get why the odds are so piss-poor for 410.

I can agree with all of this!

Most people that draw 410 anymore end up being disappointed with the quality of bulls they find. Too many rifle tags and 1900 archery tags has definitely taken its toll on the age class of the bulls. It has been known for years as one of Montana's "premier" units. It's pretty sad to see what it has become.

Sure there are still a few good bulls, but they aren't common like they used to be.

I put in for 410-20 as my first choice with one bonus point. From my research has me around 25% chance to draw. I was hoping to have a quality experience with chances at bulls in that 275-300 class. I have not taken a bull with my bow yet. This thread actually has me more excited if I draw that unit now.

I put in for 410-20 as my first choice with one bonus point. From my research has me around 25% chance to draw. I was hoping to have a quality experience with chances at bulls in that 275-300 class. I have not taken a bull with my bow yet. This thread actually has me more excited if I draw that unit now.[/QUOTE

NO , you have less than 1% chance according to last years draw stats . 6 residents with 1 point drew this tag . 621 applied . Better double check your info next time

I put in for 410-20 as my first choice with one bonus point. From my research has me around 25% chance to draw. I was hoping to have a quality experience with chances at bulls in that 275-300 class. I have not taken a bull with my bow yet. This thread actually has me more excited if I draw that unit now.[/QUOTE

NO , you have less than 1% chance according to last years draw stats . 6 residents with 1 point drew this tag . 621 applied . Better double check your info next time

420-21 was my nr archery app, accidentally put 420-20 in my above post.

Assuming u mean 410-21 . Good luck to u . I thought of burning my 6 NR points on that archery permit myself cuz it would be easy for me to draw and I would be satisfied with a small 6 point . If I don't draw a rifle permit this year I'll probably burn my 7 points next year on the archery permit

Assuming u mean 410-21 . Good luck to u . I thought of burning my 6 NR points on that archery permit myself cuz it would be easy for me to draw and I would be satisfied with a small 6 point . If I don't draw a rifle permit this year I'll probably burn my 7 points next year on the archery permit

Numbers are hard, thanks ;)

yes it is very possible, I believe 50 years is about right, that would be 1968, I remember turkey hunting near Fred Robinson bridge in 68 or 69 and I run across another turkey hunter, he was an old timer, I was all of 16 or 17 at the time,, he was telling me about bugling in elk, and gave me a voice lesson. Don't know who he was, I had never heard a Bull elk and it sounded pretty weird to me and I didn't give him much credence but as it turns out he was way ahead of his time. He also said he bowhunted in the area and they gun hunted way b4 they archery hunted that area so yes it is possible.

50 years? Ummm... No. mtmuley

Haha. You are older then you think.
50 years is a blink of the eye...

1968 was 50 years ago. Elk were transplated into the Breaks out of Yellowstone Park in the early 1950’s

The first tags were drawn out of a hat at the Winnett Bar.

I always remember that because the guy that told me about it rode a horse into town to toss his name into the hat.

Some of these comments....If you feel the quality of bulls in 410 doesn’t cut it I don’t know what to tell you. Geez.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back