I am now officially on the MR train!!

CHOOOO CHOOOOO!

I just ordered a MR Pintler in foliage last night, found it for $427! I'll upload pictures when it arrives.

blacksheep

Out again this morning (actually got mama to hike along)......a little longer on this one. Here is the view. This park is about a mile from the house.

Attachments

• Ute Valley Park.jpg
    Ute Valley Park.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 547
After an overnight ruck, first one with a new metcalf, it seemed a good idea to drop in here and post some observations.

As one who only really became familiar with this pack after buying, I just have to say I'm very pleased!

Quality of construction and engineering is just fantastic. Every detail, down to stitching, is done really well.

The ruck was not that long, about 7-8hrs (not including sleep) out and back starting at 7k finishing at 10k elevation and then back to the parking area.

I kept noticing how pleasantly it rode on my hips, it actually kind of seemed glued there in a way.

Most packs just annihilate my shoulders due to the way they ride, not this one, my shoulders were tired but not destroyed.

Granted, I only had 27lbs in it but my goal with this ruck was to see how the pack performed, not to kill myself hauling a 50lb pack at altitude.

Taking into consideration all it has going for it, adjust-ability, comfort and that it seems made so tough, well, I'm stoked!

I also just joined the MR train, I got the Selway from Go Hunt.I can’t wait for it to show up and put some miles on with it.

seems like MR is getting a lot of love lately. I too just ordered a Cabinet in the Desolve Bare. Cant wait to get some hikes in before season opens.

Took mine for a nice long walk over the fourth on my trip up to camp. Still very happy with the purchase...hopefully here in about 3 months it will be getting a little blood mixed in with the camo ;)

Got my new Sellway this week. Put 50lbs in it this morning and went for a 4 mile hike. This pack is excellent. I am so looking forward to putting this pack to work. Even in the 90 degree heat it was really comfortable.

I received my selway about two weeks ago from go hunt!! It is awesome. I was missing a clip, called MR they sent me the clip and a bunch of stickers. Great customer service.

I've got a pintler which I took on several hunting /backpacking trips over the last year. I liked it so much I got my fiance to get a MR pack too. We now also have 2 of their mission duffels (the best travel bags I have ever had) and am even rocking their briefcase for work. I love their stuff- I've never found as quality or as well designed bags anywhere.

Bringing up an old one :) On the hunt here in CO I chronicled a few weeks ago I finally got "good" blood on my pack. This is a pic of me with the entire doe pictured strapped on. I separated the fore legs from all the quarters and loaded 2 apiece in elk quarter bags and then back straps and "loose" meat in another. Also had a small bag with the head in it as it was a CWD testing unit. The pack out was only about 1-1.5 miles but the pack was solid as a rock :)

Attachments

• 20191213_104830.jpg
    20191213_104830.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 21
  • Larry ful pack side E1.jpg
    Larry ful pack side E1.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 23
Any experience with the Mule? Thinking about picking one up soon. Most of my hunts are day hunts.

Any experience with the Mule? Thinking about picking one up soon. Most of my hunts are day hunts.
CPO has the Mule and I have the Cabinet. The basic difference is the Cabinet has the 2 BIG side pods which give you extra packing spaces for non-dead stuff :) The mule has the same guide light frame and load bearing shelf system. If you need it for just a day pack with the ability to haul heavy loads comfy it is a winner. If you are looking for more than a day pack you might look at a different model. This is me hauling an entire doe out with mine, the side pods are what you see for the side angle.

Attachments

• Larry ful pack side E1.jpg
    Larry ful pack side E1.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 11
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back