I am now officially on the MR train!!

SFC B

Some you may have seen me sell my Alps Commander a couple of weeks ago. That pack was serviceable for hauling meat and was well worth what it cost me but I could not use the frame for a day pack and ended up having to make trips back to camp for it in case of harvests. So after scanning around looking for what I think to be a great compromise which can really expand if necessary I came to the Cabinet on the Guide Light frame. I was able to get a GREAT hookup (enough so that I also got the MR bino harness and a couple of Zoid bags for my survival kit and kill kit). After giggling like a little girl when I saw it had arrived (6 days order to delivery) I set to unpacking. Then I look at the directions for adjusting the pack (very simple) and in under 5 minutes I am good to go. Can't wait to get it out and try it under weight.

Attachments

• cab 4.jpg
    cab 4.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,071
  • cab 3.jpg
    cab 3.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,075
  • cab 2.jpg
    cab 2.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,091
  • cabinet.jpg
    cabinet.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,089
I've also boarded the train. Took my new Pintlar out last weekend a couple times and it really fits well. I'm looking forward to seeing how it handles under a good load.

Mee to!! I just got the Metcalf. I originally ordered the Marshall but decided it was too large for my needs. So I purchased the Metcalf which is what I originally wanted anyhow. My first MR pack!

Just curious, where did you get the cabinet and how much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking?15224695900451607928068.jpg

Don't mean to be cryptic but the deal was such that I have to respect the shop's wishes....let's just say it was great

Put a sand bag and a concrete landscaping block in the pack (about 40lbs) and went for a couple mile hike in a local park. Did some elevation gain, rock scrambling down to a creek bed and then busted through some oak brush. I am VERY happy. Felt solid as a rock. No movement. Transferred weight well and was very comfy. I'm going to keep it loaded and start my training for the upcoming season :)

SFC B, that is a nice pack. But don’t you think it’s a little over kill? After all you’ve shown us all the kind of bucks that bed next to your driveway.

I know, right? Those are just around for motivation. Heck, with a carrot I could get one into the garage within a couple feet of the dang ol freezer. They just don't know how lucky they are :)

Put a sand bag and a concrete landscaping block in the pack (about 40lbs) and went for a couple mile hike in a local park. Did some elevation gain, rock scrambling down to a creek bed and then busted through some oak brush. I am VERY happy. Felt solid as a rock. No movement. Transferred weight well and was very comfy. I'm going to keep it loaded and start my training for the upcoming season :)

Overachiever :W:

I know, right? Those are just around for motivation. Heck, with a carrot I could get one into the garage within a couple feet of the dang ol freezer. They just don't know how lucky they are :)

Will the neighbors let you get the sheds? You could use the pack to haul them back to your yard.

The Cabinet looks like a great compromise between day type pack and heavy hauler when needed. Post results when you load it up to test SFB. mtmuley

Hadn't seen this pack before. Definitely a great looking option for going in lite but being able to haul meat out too. Can't wait to hear how it test.

I ordered a Cabinet this fall as well. I couldn't find a whole lot of info out there, but really liked the way it's designed. I'm looking forward to testing it out hauling meat this fall.

I'll be making the plunge very soon. I am going to order a pintler in foliage for my up coming hunt in Colorado this fall.

blacksheep

Just bought a Metcalf on special from Mountain Archery......found out after ordering, the pattern I ordered was no longer available on sale but they honored the sale regardless and offered me one in any other pattern I chose. I like that kind of service.

Just bought a Metcalf on special from Mountain Archery......found out after ordering, the pattern I ordered was no longer available on sale but they honored the sale regardless and offered me one in any other pattern I chose. I like that kind of service.

I’ve bought from Mountain Archery before as well, great people to deal with!

Got on the scale today to get an actual weight......currently at 43 lbs. I am gonna go out several more times at this and then bump to the 50-55 range. By the end of the summer my plan is to be doing regular work with +- 70 on there to simulate hauling quarters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back