Anyone have their camp robbed while in the field for the day?

Nambaster, I had my side window caved for a $15 pair of sunglasses. Ain't nothin' too worthless for some folks.

This thread makes me want to only drive my old junker out hunting and keep a couple of pit bulls in the truck for protection. Also appears that there is a need for more USFS LEO.

I saw on one facebook last week where someone took what appears to be an axe to a nice truck including every body panel and even ripped out wiring on the motor essentially totaling a really nice truck.

Have not experienced any human type theft from camp. Have lost more to weather and bears.

Had a mouse steal some TP this weekend while we slept under the tarp... No human theft. I've left my camp out for several days and gone home to recoup after packing out an animal all night. I usually camp fairly far out though.

reading this thread scares me a little too, until I visualize all of the camps that are out there and realize how uncommon theft really is. But if it happens to you, the uncommon part doesn't really matter!

I feel like camp robbery would be more common in archery season when most aren't carrying weapons deadly to 500+ yds... Is that anyone's experience? If my sorry tail can ring 6" steel at 500yds+ I'd think most could do even better and I'd take a hard pass on thieving in the elk woods during rifle season...

If I saw someone in my tent through the spotter I'll admit I'd think pretty hard about lobbing a pill east or west of you to let you know I see what you're up to... but maybe it's just because I'm one of those much-maligned Texans... You know how we get about property rights.

My brother-n-law had his camp robbed this past weekend after the opener. He was in 11 miles, left his camp (hidden) so that he could pack out his buck to the car, when he got back his western mountaineering bag and swaro spotter were gone. Expensive penalty for prioritizing meat care over gear security.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back