Polaris verses Honda

I would have a hard time buying anything but a Honda. I don’t know what a 2up is. I bought a new Honda Foreman in 2003 and that thing has never been down I swear it is the most reliable thing I have ever bought !! Turn the key , push the start button and go !! From -20 to 110 degrees it doesn’t matter.

My Honda pioneer 500 is really nice. You would be very surprised where I have taken that thing. lol

I have had a 2004 Polaris 500 and now I own a 2009 Polaris 500 2-up. I have had no problems and love the 2-up. I haven't owned a Honda. My dad has a 2016 Polaris Ranger and loves it. He recently went on vacation and rented a Honda UTV (no idea what model) for the day. He said in no uncertain terms, the Honda was not in the Polaris's league. Not even close. By all measures the Polaris outperformed the Honda. But that was a UTV and not an ATV. Take that as just 1 man's opinion!

My Honda pioneer 500 is really nice. You would be very surprised where I have taken that thing. lol

Love my pioneer 500 too! Size is perfect, and I've had it in some very knarly conditions I thought I'd never get through. I've pulled jeeps and Polaris rigs out of stuff with it, no BS.
Couple my buddies have the 700 & 1000, both have since gotten the 500, mostly due to size.

I have 3 Polaris. 2009 XP850EPS, 2010 XP550XPS and a 2016 Ranger XP900EPS. I have used them for farm, snowplow, hunting and aggressive trail riding ( even the dunes). I have never broke down, never had any issues what so ever. For me I would never buy anything but a Polaris. The ride and power is second to none and there are Polaris dealers everywhere compared to other brands.

Thanks for all the feedback. Not sure why exactly but the areas I hunt Hondas and Polaris outnumber the other quads by a lot. I have never talked to a Polaris owner in the woods who has been unhappy. In our group there is one Can Am, one Yamaha, one Artic Cat, one Polaris (mine) and a 5 Hondas. Most guys own 2 or more because they have multiple hunters in the family. I grew up in an agricultural area and you see more Hondas in the fields than anything else. Not so much where I live now. It is about even here with Honda and Polaris.

Honda for sure. You can flip them over and roll down a mountain and when you get back up she will still be running.

I did that exact thing on my old fourtrax and it rode me out and kept on keepin' on.

I worked on both Hondas and Polaris ATVs for Pass Up resort years ago. The Honda ranchers were hands down the most reliable. No question

Multi-Tool vs Hammer.

Polaris have technology, more moving parts, and can do more things. Honda's are tried-and-true, albeit antiquated, but keep going.

I've owned three Polaris (still have a 2008 and 2010) that have never been in a shop. Probably still buy the new Grizzly next time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back