Bertram Brass

MThuntr

Anyone used Bertram Brass?

I got a lead on 7mmRemMag brass for cheap and from basic searches it looks to be better than average but not quite Norma. Apparently they make the brass for HSM ammo.

I use Bertram in obsolete cartridges. It can run upwards of $6.50 per piece so I'm pretty sparing with it. Granted these are low pressure rounds, but I've not had a case fail yet after 6-8 loadings. Given that these are either BlackPowder or Nitro for Black loads, I doubt I'll wear them out. They do seem durable.

I see they have some pretty wild obsolete stuff...had to google a few. Bitterroot Brass has it for $0.67/piece which is about the same as Hornady. I'm hoping it's better than the Prvi crap that I talked myself into buying (and subsequently tossed in the trash) but reviews are few outside of the obsolete stuff.

Hmmm...
I haven't experienced any problems with PRVI brass.
7mmX57 for 257 Roberts, 7mm-08 for my AI, or the 7mm Rem Mag.

As far as Bertram is concerned i hear it's decent brass.
Go to for obsolete cartridges. Just wish 425 Westley Richards was cheaper.

The 7mm Mag stuff I got last fall was junk...I think I culled 25 based split necks and creased shoulders. another 10 had slag or something on the case head which made it impossible to chamber regardless of the amount of sizing. I was outside of the return policy when I discovered the issue.

I use Prvi in my 7mm-08 and things seemed consistent enough for me but am considering a change away that brand all together.

No more than I'd shoot a 7 Mag, I'd just get the brass I'd want. If you've been happy with Norma in the past I'd get that. The savings in cost over the lifetime of the brass won't be much and will be quickly forgotten.

Back