Chaffing solutions

.... while also being scent free? .....

Showing your mid-west colors! (Assuming) Don't worry I'm from Minnesota. ha ;) I would wear compression shorts if I were you but I also have never had issues with chaffing. That and you can bring some Desitin with you!

Bodyglide
Gold Bond - if you want some hot nutz
Crocs or flip flops with no socks - that should keep you from walking too far and getting swamp nuts and chaffing

Showing your mid-west colors! (Assuming) Don't worry I'm from Minnesota. ha ;) I would wear compression shorts if I were you but I also have never had issues with chaffing. That and you can bring some Desitin with you!

Yep, representing Michigan here haha.

Gold bond friction reducer, always in the pack and applied at the first sign of trouble.
It's a damn long walk(waddle) out of the woods if things go south!

I like to just wear compression shorts that go down to just above my knee as my underwear/1st layer... I've tried some of the powders, gels, etc but I prefer the shorts....

What am I doing wrong when I shoot my bow that I don't chafe? :)

Good wicking boxer/ briefs that keep the legs separated away from the, umm, softer bits works for me in the hot conditions in Kalistan.

Gold Bond Powder!!!!! Wrkd great in the Corps n still wrks great now!!!!
As for stalking shoes/sandels JCs from Nomadic Lifestyles!!!! The best; comfortable, they grip on rocks, light weight, silent, don’t transfer scent, n best of all they look cool as sh’t!!!

What am I doing wrong when I shoot my bow that I don't chafe? :)

Good wicking boxer/ briefs that keep the legs separated away from the, umm, softer bits works for me in the hot conditions in Kalistan.

I don't even wear underwear most of the time I hunt archery and I don't chafe in 100 degree weather during archery antelope :W:

I used to get TERRIBLE problems with this, and, not wanting to look like a wimp in front of my buddies, I'd walk until I was almost bleeding...or actually bleeding. More than treating the issue, I found that preventing the chafing is the most important key. I tried a lot of products, mostly along the lines of boxers and compression shorts. They help SO much, and the best one I've found is this: ExOfficio. These compress a little bit, but not too much, and they are very smooth! Also, they are terrific for hunting because they dry out very quickly after you wash them. They tend to not build up body odor either. I bought these for my long hikes out hunting, but now I wear them every day. They have been one of my very best hunting investments! They keep me out in the field longer. They are a bit pricier, but 100% worth it.

Aint nobody got time for monkey butt. Been there.

I carry a tube of lotion everywhere I got hunting.

Creepy? Maybe, I dont care.

Aint nobody got time for monkey butt. Been there.

I carry a tube of lotion everywhere I got hunting.

Creepy? Maybe, I dont care.

Im a lotion guy too, Put in on in the moring and i carry a bottle in my pack. If it starts to get irratated i just stop and reapply. No chafing issues in years.

Last edited:
a friend of mine that is a wildland fire fighter told me they have the "gold bond power hour" at lunch. I can only imagine the swamp ass those poor guys have to endure. I love me some gold bond and the extra long merino boxers.

I second all the people saying to use bodyglide. I have used it for years when running 24hr relay races, to long hot days working in the yard and always when backpacking. I recently heard a Q&A with Jason Hairston from KUIU (I think he is pretty big jerk, but he does know his stuff when it comes to materials) and he said that they will not make merino boxers because they take too long to dry. He recommends using a syntheric to get moisture off quickly, when it comes to underwear.

I also pack a small amount of Neosporin, just in case.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back