Yeti GOBOX Collection

Chaffing solutions

Josh24

I’m going on an archery hunt in Wyoming this year and it will be my first time out west to hunt. I’m worried in the heat I will chaff while stalking. Is there a product anyone uses to prevent chaffing while also being scent free? Baby powder is pretty strong smelling.

While I have yet to find a great way to prevent it, if I use A&D Ointment when I go to bed after chaffing, it is always gone in the morning!

Bodyglide. It won't melt and run off. I wear compression shorts with lots of lycra in them. I prefer the cheap Starter brand ones from Walmart over the more expensive ones from Under Armor.

If you do get chaffed, I prefer diaper rash ointment, the white, sticky stuff, like Desitin better than A&D.

I'm fat and am a pro at dealing with chaffing.

maybe some bodyglide or similar product though I don't think you're gonna need it. The trick is to dry stuff out as much out as possible...take that for what its worth.

Vaseline is an easy one. I've used body glide whilst biking, but if you don't hav a shower afterward I'd go with something else. you can use a ban-aid, ace bandage. even just tape over, with paper towel on the offending spot. Depending on location and body hair, of course :)

Between special gloves, knee pads and chaffing cream, antelope hunting sure takes a lot of special gear. :)

Boudreaux's Butt paste at night. (Yes that's the name). First clean the area, let dry and apply. That's for when you get chafed. Now preventing is different. It sounds crazy but get a stick of women's unscented deoderant(I think it has to do with the strength. I use dove.)and apply before you head out, at midday break or when you stop. The merino will help also. The best way to fix chaffing is to not let it get to that point. You may also try actually swapping underwhere midday when u stop. The goal is to not let them dry on your skin.

Bodyglide. It won't melt and run off. I wear compression shorts with lots of lycra in them. I prefer the cheap Starter brand ones from Walmart over the more expensive ones from Under Armor.

+1 bodyglide plus the long boxer briefs of your choice (I like merino or Duluth Trading Co Armachillos). Better to prevent that to treat.

And I thought the OP was just talking about the swishing noise his pants made while walking....

Something I learned recently in regards to chafe.

If it happens despite your best efforts, the area should be cleaned and dried immediately to prevent infection that can ruin the rest of your trip. A small amount of Purell hand sanitizer goes a long way. Application of alcohol based sanitizer will make you want to scream like a little bitch while bent over with your shorts down so keep this in mind if anybody else is in earshot. You don't want anybody thinking your going all broke back out on the prairie.

I always carry a 2 oz. bottle of Purell (for lots of reasons) and a similarly small bottle of neosporin (for lots of reasons). If the animals can smell either, I'm not managing the wind right.

Good luck.

I use compression shorts. I buy them at Shopko ... they are low in price and work great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back