Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Prodigy Yoke Tuning

NYSKIER

Last night I set my center shot the best I could and this morning I was yoke tuning through paper with both bare shafts and fletched arrows. I started with a large left tear which I was able to completely get rid of after pressing the bow and twisting the yokes a couple of times. Once I got a perfect left and right I noticed that I now had a little nock high tear going on. Do you guys think that this is because by fixing the tear I through my timing off? Or because I was just getting tired and could have also been shooting at a downward angle. I made sure to twist both the top and bottom yoke each time. I also did not have a chance to throw it in the draw board yet. Anyone have suggestions, should I move my rest slightly? Also important to note I shot bareshaft and fletched at 10 yards and they were pretty much right next to each other. Should I leave it as is? Thanks in advance guys any suggestions would help.

Got to check cam timing this morning top cam is slightly behind the bottom cam but when I tried to adjust the yokes it caused the left tear to come back. I undid this change. I then made a slight rest adjustment and was able to get an almost perfect bullet hole with a very tiny nock high tear. Will moving the came increase the consistency of my bow in any way or is it ok to have the top hitting after the bottom? Should I move the cable to try and get then in complete sync?

IMO, you want centershot running down the middle of the bow...seems you got that taken care of. I would also want my cams hitting at the same time. 1/2 twist in the cable make a big difference, also put the twist in the loop end, not in the yoke end. I would also see if the rest (if using a dropaway) needs to be re-timed after ad justments are made. After that is done, you should be able to make minor changes to nocking point or rest height for any vertical tear.

IMO, you want centershot running down the middle of the bow...seems you got that taken care of. I would also want my cams hitting at the same time. 1/2 twist in the cable make a big difference, also put the twist in the loop end, not in the yoke end. I would also see if the rest (if using a dropaway) needs to be re-timed after ad justments are made. After that is done, you should be able to make minor changes to nocking point or rest height for any vertical tear.

Thanks I don't know why I didn't check to look at the rest timing after the adjustments. I'll check that out. Also just to verify with my top cam hitting after my bottom I should put a half twist in to which the cable at the bottom cam?

Thanks I don't know why I didn't check to look at the rest timing after the adjustments. I'll check that out. Also just to verify with my top cam hitting after my bottom I should put a half twist in to which the cable at the bottom cam?

Now you're making me think...
If your bottom cam is touching first then you can either put 1/2 twist into the cable that attaches to your bottom cam OR take 1/2 twist out of the cable that attaches to your top cam

Thank so much for all the help guys as it so happens while I was fixing my timing the end loop of my bow snapped while drawing back my bow(with an arrow knocked). The snapping loop bent my cams and probably effected the top limb. According to my show Bowtech will not warranty a issues caused by a broken string. As fixing this bow would cost me about one half to 70 percent of a new bow I decided to buy a new one and am now the owner of brand new Bowtech Realm. I shot a bunch of bows and while I may admit I am slightly weary of Bowtechs from my first go around this bow shot so well and felt so good (love the new handle) that I had to give it a shot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back