Yeti GOBOX Collection

Who uses a 16 Gauge?

mdun8. I missed that photo. That's a mighty fine picture of a mighty fine dog. Love to see more of the shotgun but tell me about your girl (I think that's a girl).

Let's spend Schaaf's money!

Schaaf, You have no idea what you just got yourself into. :) Ben Lamb, JLS and crew are experts in temptation and emptying others wallets of their money in pursuit of fine firearms. My advice is to just walk away from your screen.

I have a CZ Bobwhite SxS.

Nice gauge for upland hunting. Truly the do-all for upland.

Any of you have trouble getting shells in rural towns with your 16 gauge?

It is hard to get any shells at all in most small rural towns in Iowa. There simply isn't any store that sells them of any shape or size. Personally, I load my own.

You know, if you put out some specs for what you looking for and maybe a budget estimate, chances are you'd have 10-20 possibilities pretty fast.

Or just buy that Darne Halifax and become an instant Erudite Elite (EE)

I'm too cheap to own something that shoots shells that $$$ That is why a 16 or 28 will never be in my safe

I keep a case on hand for targets. Heavier game loads are priced very similarly to 12 gauge. Non-toxic stuff is a bit overpriced. The vintage ammo is pricey so it would be very beneficial to reload your own otherwise you're looking at about $100/case.

mdun8. I missed that photo. That's a mighty fine picture of a mighty fine dog. Love to see more of the shotgun but tell me about your girl (I think that's a girl).

She just turned two last week. Got her out of Douglas, Wyoming. Still a work in progress but she’s getting there. I didn’t spend nearly as much time in the field with her last summer or fall as I would have liked, but I should be able to make it happen this year. The wife and kids love her, which is why we got her. Hunting is an added benefit (hopefully)

Have a couple remington model 11s, Ithaca model 37, one older 1940s and a newer featherweight I picked up cheap at an auction, and a couple browning auto 5s, one sweet and one thats older, has the safety in front of trigger guard also has a cuts comp choke system all are fun to shoot and each one gets its day in the field at least one hunt some more than others.

Once I get the boys outfitted and scrounge the money together, I think I could really like a 16ga SXS...

Great looking guns fellas!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back