Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by 1_pointer View Post
    Once I get the boys outfitted and scrounge the money together, I think I could really like a 16ga SXS...

Great looking guns fellas!
    Hahaha! Having two teens...I know what you mean on that.

But really, does getting them outfitted ever happen??

The problem I have is that I think I got them all covered, then I'll upgrade something of mine... and all of a sudden, they want what I got too. It's like a dog chasing his tail!
    - Wild Bob

"Turn me loose, set me free somewhere in the middle of Montana." ~ M.H.

"Everybody told me you can't get far on $37.00 and a Jap guitar." ~ S.E.

Snooty 16 gauge fun time update. I'm refinishing the stock on the drilling. The wood is the typical, pedestrian grade walnut blank that most working German guns seem to have. Not a lot of figure or contrast, but we'll see what we can get out of her. Overly large pores on the wood are creating a bit of frustration in filling the grain. I had thought I'd finished, but after careful inspection last night, it was clear more filling needs to happen. I'm back down to 320 grit for the fill sanding and will step back up to 600 grit for the next 5-8 coats of BLO, then to 1200 grit for the next 5-8, then OOOO steel wool for the last 10 coats or so - depending on how the Alkanet root BLO takes to the stock.

Name:  IMG_20180405_122324.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  44.2 KB

Name:  IMG_20180405_122356.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  59.7 KB
    get over it commies..
    JWP58

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Lamb View Post
    I look forward to seeing your new, pedestrian double.
    Well, I struck out on the pedestrian double. Had to settle for a British gun. Looks like it will be here in a week to ten days I would guess. Not in time for first turkey season, but that's okay. Gus approves and that's all that counts.

Can't seem to cut a photo loose from the website, but this it.
    https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...jector-shotgun

Nice score.
    Fear the beard....

That's a beaut!

Very nice pick Brent! Hope it swings true.
    get over it commies..
    JWP58

It will swing okay. British guns always do. If the condition is good enough, the plan is for it to be the go-to gun from here on out. It's titch heavy, but I'll just have to do some more push ups.

On the other hand, with 3-12" of new snot (I meant to type snow, but the typo fits) on the ground this weekend, we may not have any birds this fall.

It was an interesting auction to watch. Many things went for low prices, but this one was closer to the upper-end of the estimate range unfortunately for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123