Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Feeling good

mtmuley

So, I'm just basing this off of odds from the new regs I got today. Moose, I'm looking at .97 odds. That's a gimme. Sheep, .42, not as good as moose, but doable. Goat, looks like .19, still a chance. Now this is encouraging. Mule deer my odds are 1.59. Holy crap! I'm planning the hunt in my head now. Elk, 3.93. I've already drawn that one, might as well send it. Hope you guys do as well as I am going to. mtmuley

If it helps... What are the Lottery Powerball odds?

Good luck with your draws - unless your draws effect mine. :)

Sytes, I'm gonna have to hit the lotto too, cause I'm gonna have to quit my job to enjoy all the tags coming my way. Luck to you also, but I already have it. mtmuley

My wife call's me the other day and says you got your draw tags from Mt.fish & game . I'm just speechless for a minute , wait they haven't draw any tags yet honey . Now I'm getting nervous , I must have messed up the paperwork and they sent it back .
I get home and it sure is from fish & game ...its a darn Survey. Holy smokes ..now I'm still waiting for the draw !

Ive applied for Mountain Goat in OR, ID and CO. I had to laugh the other day when I thought ‘what happens if I draw all three’.

Last edited:
I already drew our Wyoming cow tags, still need to put in for antelope doe tags but those are at 72%. Just not sure what I’m going to do with NM, I’m a sure thing on my Valle Vidal archery tag. The dates however are the same so I may have to turn it in. I will probably just use the RMEF Governor’s Tag. My wife bought me ten tickets this year so it is as good of a locked in tag as it comes.

Last edited:
Anyone ever wonder how MT is "managing" their herds if they're still calling with surveys for 2017 when they've already done the 2018 draw? I got a call for deer awhile ago and answered then missed a call for elk last week. Heaven forbid they just ask me both the first time they called?

Anyone ever wonder how MT is "managing" their herds if they're still calling with surveys for 2017 when they've already done the 2018 draw? I got a call for deer awhile ago and answered then missed a call for elk last week. Heaven forbid they just ask me both the first time they called?

I wondered that too last week when I got called for elk. I asked if they wanted the deer info too and the lady said no. Huh, alright.

Back