MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Action Cameras

MT_Chad

Anybody have recommendations on any quality action cameras other than the gold standard gopro or the Sony cameras? I found this one and it looks interesting.
https://ultimatepredatorgear.com/ultimate-predator-adventure-cam
Any other cameras that are aimed toward hunting that are good cameras?
Normally I wouldn't even bother but my wife wants to take one to Hawaii next winter so she told me to pick one up.

I have a gopro and its pretty nice. Good quality but you need to be within 10 yards to make the image worth anything.

Check out the fast cam from fastcap.com, you're able to zoom with it. I'm a process engineer and it's all I use for capturing videos to document processes, it comes with a bunch of attachments and a carrying case for all of it. One of the better things I like about it is that you can power it with an external power cord, since the batteries last about 1.5 hours or so but they do have 2 batteries included.

My idea on moving picture's hunting is You can either hunt or take photo's or video's, I'd suggest you get some camcorder, they are designed for video's. Hopefully there will be some one else along and one of you can do the camcorder. They can start at about $350 and go up as high as you want. I see a Panasonic camcorder in the B&H catalog for a mere $27,600. A friend has one of those go-pro's but I've never seen anything off of it.

I think if you carry a camcorder and a rifle at the same time you won't do it for long.

What do you mean by action camera? Gopro alternative for video? Still?

DLSR is best quality hands down for still shots of action (sports, running game, etc.). DLSR's offer great video as well. But, much bulkier and way over $299.

They just don't work very well for hunting except to show off the terrain you've hiking in, or to film yourself getting ready for a shot.

i have a contour roam action camera. i think it was $160. its easy to operate and was priced right for the abuse it goes through in my pack and mounted to random stuff. heres a link of my video from last year in colorado.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U0_OB28VWg

some of the intro stuff was filmed with my phone and a sony handheld but from about 1:55 to 5min is all froum the countour. It comes with a function that beeps when you turn it on but you can turn that off in the software that it comes with. the audio isnt great, when i listen to the audio i can hear a very faint beep every once in a while but it doesnt bother me.

Back