Nevada!!

fmnjr

Hey people...really glad to be on this site. I've been reading quite a bit here, watched a bunch of Randy's shows. Can't believe I've been a lifelong resident of the Silver State and haven't been on an elk hunt? Anyways, that's about to change...I hope. Got my application in and made my choices. Keeping my fingers crossed....really glad to be able to participate here....thanks everyone!

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you have some elk bonus points already under your belt.

Hey....thanks everyone! I'm out of Henderson (adjacent to Vegas)....nope, I don't have any bonus points....but I won't be deterred. If I don't lucky here in Nevada, I'm going to head to Utah if and when extra tags are offered. Or, I'll try another state....I'm going elk hunting one way or another.

You have the right attitude. There are plenty of choices to get an elk tag so you just jump in and get it done.

You have the right attitude. There are plenty of choices to get an elk tag so you just jump in and get it done.

Kinda what I figured....if I don't get lucky where I live, I'm keeping my options open. In my case, can't speak for others, I've burned too many years without hunting. Never again. Thanks everyone, what a great site and filled with great folks, too!!

If you are particular bull or cow. You can pretty much get an OTC cow tag in southern UT. If I don't draw a deer tag (or hunting partners draws a bull tag) we will probably do the archery cow tag.

If you are particular bull or cow. You can pretty much get an OTC cow tag in southern UT. If I don't draw a deer tag (or hunting partners draws a bull tag) we will probably do the archery cow tag.

I'm keeping this in the back of my mind.....in SW Utah I believe they have a situation where cows are overly abundant....don't need much more encouragement than that, right? Should be good eating, I know that country well....lots of beautiful forage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back