Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

2- excellent gun control debate discussions!

We already went through that with over 700 posts, 29 pages and 20,000+ views and did not change anyone's mind nor solve anything.

https://onyourownadventures.com/hun...81046-School-Mass-shootings-what-s-the-answer

It's very true that nobody's mind here was changed. But does that mean we should continue to do absolutely nothing?
Someday one of these school shooting may personally affect you or someone in your family.
I noticed that not one person in the thread you mention volunteered to add one of their children or family members to the acceptable body count in the name of doing nothing again.

We already went through that with over 700 posts, 29 pages and 20,000+ views and did not change anyone's mind nor solve anything.
I disagree. That long thread was a venue for expressing many opinions, facts, data, ideas, debates (even personal arguments), and generally good discussions. I personally learned of many new potentially viable solutions and opened my strong opinions to counter considerations which I now view with agreement.
If you have ever become engaged in a particular issue or legislative proposal and followed by audio or video, or personally attended hearings or floor assemblies, then you realize that this and other complex issues require an enormous amount of discussions, vetting of potential solutions, drafting and vetting of proposals, difficult debates ... time and effort to reach plans, policy, regulations, laws to establish the potential remedies. Even after all of that the implementation where "the rubber meets the road" is an equally challenging and lengthy process to determine if a potential remedy will be effective ... and what the ramifications and perhaps unintended consequences will be ... thus another lengthy discussion and vetting process.

Last edited:
[/B]
Someday one of these school shooting may personally affect you or someone in your family.
I noticed that not one person in the thread you mention volunteered to add one of their children or family members to the acceptable body count in the name of doing nothing again.

No matter which side of this issue one may be on, this is a junk post that adds nothing to intelligent discussion. Do we start by discussing appropriate speed limits for a particular road by beginning with -- the only opinion that is relevant is from people who are happy to add their loved ones to the list of those killed in car accidents? Thankfully most HT posts on both sides of this (and other) topics are more thoughtful and useful than comment #3 here.

I know it was posted in that section Tradewind. It was also towards the tail end of things when I put them on there. I just wanted folks who might have missed these two discussions to see them.

David

I am glad you did, as I stopped tracking the other one after about 600 posts.

It's very true that nobody's mind here was changed. But does that mean we should continue to do absolutely nothing?

Thanks for proving my point.
Perhaps if you just ratchet up the hysterics a little more........

I shared both on Facebook, I don't agree with everything Gov. Bevin said but I think his general premise was spot on. Nick Freitas just went full on Beast Mode and basically said everything Republicans have been wanting to say for the last 3 years and dropped the mic.

No matter which side of this issue one may be on, this is a junk post that adds nothing to intelligent discussion. Do we start by discussing appropriate speed limits for a particular road by beginning with -- the only opinion that is relevant is from people who are happy to add their loved ones to the list of those killed in car accidents? Thankfully most HT posts on both sides of this (and other) topics are more thoughtful and useful than comment #3 here.

And yet we have laws and regulations on our roads like speed limits and traffic signals. Our vehicles are licensed and registered. Perhaps we should get rid of all regulations on our roads just like the ZERO regulations you wish to have in regards to guns.

And yet we have laws and regulations on our roads like speed limits and traffic signals. Our vehicles are licensed and registered. Perhaps we should get rid of all regulations on our roads just like the ZERO regulations you wish to have in regards to guns.

and we have laws and regulations related to firearms . . .

Show me where the guy you quoted, or anyone on this forum, is calling for "ZERO regulations" on firearms?

Hysterics was correctly applied above...

Your absolutely right on the laws and regulations on our highway's but those laws don't stop 10000 drunk driving and texting deaths each year. My family and I face that every single day we have to drive. Nobody is marching to take your iPhone or your Jim Beam away.

I enjoyed the Blue Collar shows. Ron White was my favorite though each complimented the tour.

The blinder base media (both sides of the political extremes) are selective with respect to "the ignorant".

One side of the polarized political "news" media will contort/skew with the selection of the eager ignoramus to present as a representation of the whole and the other side will respond or initiate in kind.

Interesting selections, SNL- casting in some respect. Haha! Is there such thing as objective journalism? Today, it is sensationalized journalism.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back