Daughters first Western hunt

Redman

Not sure if you all remember my daughter Josie. I posted a picture of her with her first deer last fall. Well she has been after me to take her with me out West. I told her I am fine with it but we have to get Mrs. Redmon to approve of you taking off a week of school. Mrs. Redmon is not just my wife but a teacher too. So I figured I would have better odds of drawing a sheep tag then getting an ok to take Josie out of school for a week of hunting. Well she didn't even put up a fight and said go ahead! Well I explained to Josie all the big game we could hunt and what would be the easiest and the hardest to hunt. She chose elk. I explained to her public land rifle hunting elk is going to be tough but she says that is what she wants. Well looks like we will be putting in for CO first rifle elk. She has been shooting the Browning Hells Canyon Speed Rifle in .308 pretty well, but she will be shooting it a ton more. She will be turning 15 on a mountain somewhere in Colorado this coming season. Man I am one lucky dad!

That's awesome, I can't think of a better place to celebrate a birthday than on a mountain chasing elk.

Good Luck!

Sweeettt! Good for you both! My daughters age 19 and 22 are my favorite hunting partners by far! Enjoy :)

That’s awesome. Do you have a unit and everything picked out?

I've taken my 3 daughters to Montana a couple times each. Several deer, antelope and 1 bull. Several other close calls with Bulls. They are 13,15 and 17. They do better in the hills than I do. This year the 13 and 15 year old are going for a couple cow elk.

You are a lucky man to have a daughter interested in spending time with you hunting !! Best of luck and keep us posted !!

Have a great time! Also appears your wife realizes how important it is to spend time with family. You will both remember this trip for a lifetime. Good Luck

You are a lucky man to have a daughter interested in spending time with you hunting !! Best of luck and keep us posted !!

I am a blessed man. I have always offered to take both of my girls hunting. My oldest daughter took her first deer when she was 6 with a muzzleloader and didn't go again until out of the blue she wanted to go when she was 15. Now she is in college and her boyfriend takes up her spare time and she doesn't seem interested in hunting now.. Josie had always loved the outdoors, fishing, hunting, just being in the woods. If the fish aren't biting she is in the water, if the deer aren't moving she wants to shoot squirrels, or coyotes. Hopefully the elk hunt will give her the bug like it did me.

Good luck! My daughter decided last year she wanted to go hunting and was thrilled with her buck. We sat down today and put in for another deer tag and also antelope and cow elk. She's hooked. I wish you and your daughter great success!

Awesome, perhaps we'll get her up here in Wyoming for a hunt some day. Good time to start her off with a PP for deer , elk , and antelope.
Looking forward to the rest of the story.

Awesome, perhaps we'll get her up here in Wyoming for a hunt some day. Good time to start her off with a PP for deer , elk , and antelope.
Looking forward to the rest of the story.
Yes, I wish I would have started building points for her in WY, but she just got serious about it and she knew In was going to CO this fall. I have been building points in WY. Planning on hunting WY for antelope then dropping down to CO and getting one there. I will have to wait a few years for points to build for Josie.

Back