Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

When to stop deer hunting?

When I see a deer and don't get excited it's probably time to hang it up...hopefully that's not anytime soon
i agree with this, but for most of us that wont ever happen. my grandpa quit hunting when my dad made him, which was less than 6 months before he passed. if we hunted whitetails from a blind or something we would have taken him with. but spot and stalk hunting muleys was too much for him. my dad is mid 60s right now, and i hope i never have to make that call for him. he doesnt hike quite as fast as me anymore, but theres nowhere he wont go.

When I lose my passion/desire/love for it. Don't hold your breath...

PS: It's not deer hunting, it's big game hunting...namely wandering the earth like a nomad, free as a bird.

i'll stop when you pry my bow from my cold dead hand. LOL

I hope I never lose interest or the drive to hunt. I have heard of folks as they get older loosing interest in hunting. My wife's father is in his late 60's. He bought a farm with the intent to hunt and raise cattle there. He still does cattle but has stopped hunting and looks at deer on his place as pets. My dad is mid 70's now and still goes hunting but never shoots anything anymore. I think he loves to be in the woods but does not want the work of taking the animal anymore.

I'll be deer hunting next month. I plan to hunt all game for as long as I can, but I have to admit that when I do alpine hunting or packing out meat, I always tell myself I'm too old for this, but here I go again. My main reduction has been in applying in out of state hunts where the tag fees are no longer palatable.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back