Yeti GOBOX Collection

1st Colorado Pronghorn hunt - HELP!

September 14-21 is OTC archery in CO still. I saw you mentioned hunting elk. The dates you are here and able to hunt are within OTC archery elk season.

Last edited:
Thank you!! I try to know what I am talking about most of
The time lol!!! I have been through it all, learned a lot while Working on booking a hunt in Hawaii. I am really looking forward to this trip! I have never been west.

Okay thanks for the tip on fly fishing. I guess I should have clarified that we will be archery hunting. I am going to start looking into units that require 0 points!! Any other tips I’ll take as this will be my first out west trip, besides our Hawaii hunt. But never west on the mainland.

if you know you're bow hunting then I don't think Co is all that bad of an option, still not Wyoming but it does open up pretty much anything that could take years to gun hunt. Cushman shoots dinks every year so there has to be some bigger ones around to make those babies...HAHHAAHA one thing for Wyoming is that the bucks are all 1 draw whether rifle or bow hunting(with a few exceptions) where as in Co most units are OTC archery and only a handful of limited entry archery tags all of which are West of I-25

Oh wow the information on the buck needing 1 draw is great information. No one had told me that, and I had not seen that. Thank you so much! Its such a hard decision. I want to go where I can be successful, but am okay just getting on Pronghorn. I dont need to bring home a P & Y buck. I am going for the experience and time away with my husband. Enjoying nature without three little ones attached to us! LOL. I have heard great things about unit 3 in CO also. Maybe I will research that a little more also.

Ahaha! Rest your case, I believe you! I have a nice big whitetail on my wall that my husband tells people is his. I always have to defend my kills!

Since you plan to bow hunt, I believe all units in WY are open throughout most or all of Sept. Keep in mind that bow season closes when the rifle season begins in each unit so be sure to find out what those dates are.

Go to p. 17 at the link below for some archery info.

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Regulations/Regulation-PDFs/REGULATIONS_CH5_BROCHURE.pdf

Right, for Type 9 tags, of which there aren't many. You can still bow hunt with a Type 1 tag during rifle season, correct?

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back