Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Coyote skull ?

Trigger50

I want to keep the skull from my 1st coyote. Would you guys recommend boiling or paying to have it beatled? Will the teeth fall out if I boil it? Thanks

Depends if you want to spend money or not to be honest. Teeth can fall out with either method, you just have to be careful to collect them and then glue them back in place.

Have you boiled a head before?

I bury mine for a year or until I remember to dig them up. Them come out decent. A quick wash and some peroxide on a sunny day and they're good to go. I boil some as well but I can never seem to get it just right. If you're nervous or it's something you'd be mad about if you screwed it up, pay someone to do it and practice on something less important to you.

This actually reminded me that I have a coyote skull buried out by the chicken coop. It's been there since fall of '16. Like I said, a year or when I remember haha!!

I'd do it myself, cut off all that you can and then "boil" it. I put "boil" in quotes because you shouldn't really let it boil but sit in a really hot bath then pressure wash.

Check out white bone creations on YouTube. He has great instructional videos for boiling all types of skulls.

I'd do it myself, cut off all that you can and then "boil" it. I put "boil" in quotes because you shouldn't really let it boil but sit in a really hot bath then pressure wash.
This I have done a few and they turn out great!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back