Looking for a new Riflescope

Moose_04

Hello Everyone,

I am fairly new to the forum, but I have lived my whole life in Montana and have hunted here my whole life. Here is my dilemma.

I was in the sports shop the other day and found a deal I could not pass up on a new Weatherby Vanguard S2 chambered in 240 Weatherby. I have never owned a rifle chambered for the 6mm cartridge nor shot one. I am looking toward anyone in the group who may have a 240 Weatherby or a similar rifle and what they have for optics. Particularly what power range scope they are running.

Thanks for the help to all that respond.

Moose_04

I didn't keep my catalog, but Natchez Shooter Supply's catalog had a close-out price on a 2-12 VX-6 (non-HD model) for what seemed like a very good price. I also agree with checking with schmalts, Predator Optics, to see what he has. Nikon's new FX 1000 scope looks pretty interesting if you like first focal plane scopes.

Thanks for the input everyone. I just bought one of these from schmalts yesterday for a 7mm rem mag. Great experience, and it sounds like I will be doing it again very soon.

Thanks again everyone for the response.
Moose_04

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back