Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Colorado and Wyoming

Flatlander14

Just getting in to the points game with my father and 2 buddies. I think we have a Good plan, but looking for confirmation. We were going to buy points in CO for Deer and elk and WY for Deer, elk and antelope. This year we are headed to Idaho on an OTC hunt and maybe Alaska in 2019. After that we were hoping to start burning through points in those 2 states. We aren’t looking for trophies by any means, we value opportunity and lack of crowds more than anything. Do you think WY and CO offer that for us once we get in that 2-5 point range for non-residents.

Thanks.

Sounds like a good plan to me. I’m doing the same in WY and CO (but added goat as I like to dream).

For elk, there are a pile of options in CO with 2 points. For WY, not nearly as much. Unless you get the general tag there. Then there are a pile of units you can hunt.

If you’re willing to pay for the special license in Wyoming, 2-5 points will give you some great options, for sure. This past year I burned 5 points on a special tag for antelope and had the time of my life hunting with my dad. Sounds like you have a great plan. Good luck.

Last edited:
Back