Caribou Gear

Sidearm holster

What kind of pack do you have? If you have one with a belt on it that’s a good spot for a holster. Or are you looking just for everyday carry?

If you daily carry a CCW, I would stick as close to that position as possible. Muscle memory is what is going to draw that weapon.

IWB is probably not going to be an option, packs won't ride well.

I have a Kydex holster with no safety strap. It snaps into place. That i at my 4 o'clock on my pack. It is secured by a harness made for MOLLE gear to the pack.

I feel a thigh carry will be too low with a pack on, throw you off balance. Again, if you dont' carry there normally, you'll prob be slow on the draw.

I carry almost everyday. I'm a righty and I draw from the 4 o'clock position also. I sling my rifle over my right shoulder and the stock is in the same position as my pistol.

blacksheep

My vote is for somewhere on the belt or chest if that isn't possible. From my time in the Army I HATE drop legs....annoying, always rubbed, weird for drawing purposes to me.

I use a crossdraw on the pack strap. Its easier for me to reach and I can sling my rifle more comfortably

since I have a bino harness in the way on my chest, I carry on the hip on a separate belt that hangs just below my pack belt.
Still not perfect but best I found so far

Big fan of Safarlilands ALS system. You can almost certainly find multiple ways to carry using a single holster.

If you like a bino harness, the Nosegunner from Eberlestock has a holster built in to the back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back