Colorado Springs Hunting

Adrock

I moved to the Springs about a year ago from Florida. I am 41 and in good shape. I do not know anyone in the area. I will be hunting OTC archery for elk and any other tags I can draw. I also enjoy small game and turkey hunting as well as fishing. I just enjoy the outdoors and some of most memorable hunts in the past are the ones where I didnt kill anything.

If there anyone in the area wanting to get chase some turkeys or go to the archery range let me know.

Adam

It would be great to get together but I have limited time and 4 Turkey tags to fill already maybe if you're available on Wednesdays we can hookup...I moved up fro.just outside Tampa back in '09 so i feel you.
Cliff

You might consider getting into the Ft Carson swing. There are stocked lakes for fishing and different parts of the post are open for most hunting activities. It is kind of a PITA to get used to range/closures and road system but it does represent some opportunity. Google Fort Carson iSportsman to get registered and started. Let me know if you have questions and I will try to help.

Be curious how the springs is... never hunted down there... I've had my eye on some small parcels of land around Divide, CO that are very affordable to put a little hunting cabin on. I know the fishing is pretty good curious about the hunting.

You might consider getting into the Ft Carson swing. There are stocked lakes for fishing and different parts of the post are open for most hunting activities. It is kind of a PITA to get used to range/closures and road system but it does represent some opportunity. Google Fort Carson iSportsman to get registered and started. Let me know if you have questions and I will try to help.

DUDE!!! Why haven't you told me about this??!!

Which range are you shooting at?

I'm north of Springs, but not by to much. Like Cliff, my time is pretty consumed, but you never know.

Thanks for all the info guys. There is so much to take in.

As far as hunting or fishing is concerned I have no problem driving 3-4 hours or more. I love exploring this beautiful State.

Rifles I have shot at Ft Carson and Dragonmans. I prefer Ft Carson. For archery I went to Bear Creek this past weekend and shot there. The wind was a little much but I guess that helps me with real hunting conditions. I have not checked out any indoor ranges yet. Anyone have a recommendation?

Adam

Cheyenne Mtn state park is hands down the best place I have ever shot

Well back in Florida I shot in my yard but I lived in the country.

Two weeks ago I went to an empty field adjacent to my subdivision and set up my target in front of a dirt pile. There isnt any buildings or anything with a mile of the direction I was shooting. Within 30 minutes I had two cop cars pull up on me. They got a report of someone with a weapon.

They were nice enough and said some people just don't have anything better to do but I had to leave as it was not my property even though I was doing it safely.

So yeah back to the ranges...

Adam

Not sure as that will depend on my summer scouting. I have been looking aroundthe San Luis Valley but I am keeping my options open.

Damn ranchers buying up all the land!!!

Try hunting east of the Mississippi where the vast majority is already private!

If you add up all the federally owned land, 90% of which is west of the Mississippi, it is about 1.3 million square miles, 1/7th of all the land in the U.S. and 10% of all the world's protected land. It would be the 7th largest country in the world after Russia, Canada, U.S., China, Brazil and Australia, the last of which is an entire continent!

Thank God for Teddy Roosevelt, who along with Gifford Pinchot and the early 1900s Congress, basically got it all started.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back