Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Unbelievably Cool! Seriously

Big Sky

I occasionally post my youngest son's art now and then. Remember this kid is only 15. As in he just barely turned 15 a little over a month ago. As both his father and high school art teacher I am constantly challenging him. My favorite fantasy artist is Frank Frazetta. So I had my son use one of Frazetta's paintings as a reference. If my son's young age isn't impressive enough, this is his FIRST oil painting. He has never touched oil paints before this. I can tell you my first oil painting didn't look anywhere near this good and I was several years older than he is.
Enjoy...
attachment.php

Your son has serious talent!

Love that painting, reminds me of playing D&D as a kid.

That is an excellent job he did on that painting. I used to draw and paint a lot and took art for four years in High School. My aunt who did artwork professionally thought I had the talent to make a living doing this if I wanted to. Sad but I have not done any drawing or other work since High School. I know I enjoyed it, just not sure why I stopped.

I hope you encourage your son, which I'm sure you do to continue this path if this is something he enjoys. He does have some very real talent. As an artist yourself you might say the same thing in that when you look at something someone has done, you know right away if it is something that you really like and that it is very good even if it's not your cup of tea so to speak, and I can say without a doubt that your son is very good. I really like that painting.

Dad you need to take and have it professionally framed!!

David

Can't fathom the talent to make colored oils come to life. Proud is likely an understatement.

Very cool! If I recall correctly, isn't that a Molly Hatchet album cover?

I appreciate all the kind words and encouragement. He does read your comments and it does make a difference. Yes, Frank Frazetta painted many of Molley Hatchet's album covers including the painting my son used to refer to for this project. I believe the name of the painting is Death Dealer or something close to that. My son never ceases to amaze me with his abilities. As a professional artist myself I have to say it is quite humbling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back