Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Jackrabbits in SW MT?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20812

How are numbers this year? I need to find some rabbits this summer/fall for some dog training (hunt test stuff) and was thinking of heading up the Blacktail. Any better locations come to mind?

Yeah I'd probably go out to that Argenta country. It's a better mix of sagebrush country. I can't comment on the numbers though as I haven't been out and about over there for awhile.

My backyard if Sid doesn't get em all.
He shows up with them but so far he has lost every foot race I have witnessed...by a length.

How are numbers this year? I need to find some rabbits this summer/fall for some dog training (hunt test stuff) and was thinking of heading up the Blacktail. Any better locations come to mind?

You sure you're not gonna eat em? mtmuley

There are some out by where I elk hunt, damn things are like 3 feet tall it seems.. saw lots of them this year... If that’s any indication I would say the numbers are good.. sorry can’t say exactly where, lots of elk out there.. it’s in the Bridgers though...

Lots of them over the hill in the Sage Creek drainage. Also west side of Clark Canyon reservoir.
Tested with the DD group down in Malta Idaho, lots of Jacks on the BLM.

Thanks for the tips. I’ll check out those areas, taking the 3 wt for backup entertainment.

You sure you're not gonna eat em?

I might. Hank Shaw’s new book is on order. Beaverhead pozollo.

sorry can’t say exactly where,

That wins the useful answer of the year award.

Lots of them over the hill in the Sage Creek drainage. Also west side of Clark Canyon reservoir.
Tested with the DD group down in Malta Idaho, lots of Jacks on the BLM.

Thank you. You still a VDD member? There’s a breeder over your way who raises some fabulous looking dogs.

Got my pup locally, Vom Hoko kennels. Some nice dogs out of Brewster, Omak, Chelewah.
Got to say that those Utah boys are really into it and are breeding some nice dogs. Not real active in the VDD at the moment, but really admire the energy and dedication they put in.
I'm looking into another pup as soon as we get relocated. Good idea on the 3 wt.
Many fun days sharing a fly rod and up the Blacktail, and other small blue lines in the area.

I've never spent a lot of time in the sagebrush of Beaverhead County. On a scale of 1-10, how bad are the rattlesnakes?

Snakes? the further south and or west u go the less chance u will see one. Lots in the Blacktail in jack rabbit country, Sage creek they are present and up Muddy also until u get some elevation.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back