Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

splitting hairs on similar cartridges

VAspeedgoat

I was sitting here thinking that we haven't had a good debate over essentially identical or very similar cartridges in a while. My personal favorite is the .260 rem vs the 6.5 creedmore. The .270 vs .280 cones to mind as does the 7mm-08 vs several others like the creedmore or even 7x57. What are some of your favorite waste of time debates? Feel free to throw gas on the fire, that makes it interesting.

Yeah. I get a kick out of the "too much recoil, too much powder you should shoot this instead" guys. mtmuley

Whatever man. I shot a tree at 300 yards with my 22LR and the bullet stuck in a half inch. You don't need anything but a 22 caliber rifle for everything that walks. Plenty of downrange energy. :eek:

What are we going to do when someone invents a new propellent system that just launches a certain caliber bullet at whatever velocity you want? We'll have to either argue Ford vs. Chevy, or Stihl vs. Husky, I guess.

I get a kick out of the "Magnums are so fun to shoot and required for elk" guys...:)

In the hands of a guy that can use one, a magnum is an awesome elk rifle. Nothing against little rifles, I just like big bullets going really fast. Required? Nope. But so what? mtmuley

What's a waste of time, is when people don't take twist into account when debating similar cartridges, i.e. 260 rem vs. 6.5 creed..

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back