Elk Stuffed Peppers -- or any wild game

I've been working hard to overhaul my health and preparing for Train To Hunt. But I've also been searching for ways to help my nutrition with recipes that actually taste good. I came across this recipe, and I've been making it over and over again because it's so awesome! This is my favorite recipe right now! It's great with deer and elk, and I'm sure it would be great with other meats too! Be sure to check it out! You won't be sorry! If you leave off the cheese, it's pretty good for paleo.

There are 1,000 different stuffed pepper recipes out there, but something that sets this one apart is the sweet potato. It's quite a fantastic new twist.

Again, you can make this with other meat besides elk. I've been using a lot of deer sausage, since that is what I have the most left of from last season.

ftd-kristy-elk-stuffed-peppers-630x339.jpg

It comes from the Wilderness Athletes cookbook and has a video by Kristy Titus. You will love it! https://elknetwork.com/elk-stuffed-peppers-recipe-with-kristy-titus/
[video=youtube_share;5XL3p28RLw0]https://youtu.be/5XL3p28RLw0[/video]

Last edited:
Those peppers stuffed are fantastic! My wife started making her own up after we fell in love with the ones you can by all ready to go in Costco. Wild game burger or sausage works great too!

We've been making elk stuffed peppers for years and you're right they are delicious. In fact we use ground elk, which I grind in small batches for all of our ground meat recipes. Lasagna, burgers, meatloaf, spaghetti and elk meat sauce with spicy elk Italian sausage.
I'm getting low on elk meat so I sure hope I draw an elk tag of any kind this year.

Something that sets this particular recipe apart is the sweet potato. It's quite a fantastic new twist.

Again, you can make this with other meat besides elk. I've been using a lot of deer sausage, since that is what I have the most left of from last season. And for me personally, I like to use hot peppers instead of bell peppers.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back