Big and Tall Coat

Kramer588

Im looking for a nice colder weather coat but have a hard time finding ones that are long enough. Im 6'3" and 250lbs, but have a little longer torso. I have some sitka clothing now but it seems to run a bit short waisted, is there another clothing company or specific sitka model that is built more like an XLT or 2XLT?

I’m 6’3 too. I’ve tried Under Armour, Sitka and Kryptek. I found UA in XXL is decent. Sitka runs a little short and I had to size up. But Kryptek XL was spot on in shirts and jackets. I’d try XXL or XXXL tops/jackets from Kryptek based on your description. I know other guys have had good experience with a pnuma in tall sizes and XXL from Browning have served some well. I don’t have other ideas for you. Good luck. I’d recommend the Aquillo jacket, Aegis jacket or the Vellus jacket or Anorak. All are great for cold weather and run up to XXXL.

I also like their pants in XL Tall too. Have worn for elk and white tail hunts. Hard hunting and they are holding up great.

Last edited:
Sitka Tall pants do fit well. It’s jackets I have had to upsize. But rumor is Sitka will introduce Tall tops and jackets later this year.

I'm 6'7" 235 and Kryptek XXL tops have been fitting great. Some of their model pants are available by specific waist size and 35in inseam, others are l/xl and long is an option, both have worked for me. I'm 36" inseam and 37" sleeve length for reference.

I'm 6'7" 235 and Kryptek XXL tops have been fitting great. Some of their model pants are available by specific waist size and 35in inseam, others are l/xl and long is an option, both have worked for me. I'm 36" inseam and 37" sleeve length for reference.

Just out of curiosity...do you shoot a bow? If so, what do you shoot?

I'm 6' 3" and 255 lbs so I feel ya bud. I have a 3XL Kuiu Guide Jacket and it fits me very well. Long enough and enough room to layer under it. I wore a XXL merino long sleeve base layer, XXL Peloton 240 and a XXL Guide vest under it. I have a 34" inseam so it is also tough finding pants that are long enough. Seems like most manufacturers have 32" inseams as the standard. Not with Kuiu, they fit me perfectly. I know a lot of guys on here make fun of Kuiu, but I've found their products to be high quality and great fitting for someone of my size. I know it's expensive, but most of my stuff I've bought through the outlet or second hand, which has saved me a bunch of money. Here is a picture from my hunt this past fall so you can see how it fits me...
Wyoming.jpg

Just out of curiosity...do you shoot a bow? If so, what do you shoot?

Just got into it. I'm a 32.5" draw and after working with my local shop I picked up a Diamond Medalist 38. It started in the target world but Diamond figured out quickly that long draw shooters were bringing it over to hunting. I've really enjoyed shooting it, very stable and it doesn't break the bank, $650.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back