Good news for the quarter bore.

std7mag

Hornady is just starting to release their 110gr. ELDX.
Reported G1 BC of .466.

Available from Midwayusa, and a couple of others. About $35 a box.

My question is, why did i have to hear about them from a forum based out of New Zealand, and not here in the States?

True...
Same could be said for Sightron scopes.
They love them overseas. Hardly heard of here.
I bought 2 and love em!

Got a Sightron myself. It's great. Don't think much of Hornady bullets though. Except for the V-Max. mtmuley

I'll stick with my 110 grain Accubonds and my 120 grain Partitions in my 25-06.

The Accubond is a good bullet. IF you gun happens to like them.
Alas none of mine do.
Which i find strange because my rifles like the Ballistic Tip.

No problems with the Partitions or ABLR.

My though on bullet's is that if you need a premium bullet either your not using enough caliber or to light a bullet. The one premium bullet that appels to me is the bonded bullet but they are to expensive for me. Am trying some Speer 140gr Hot Cores in my 6.5x55. Used them years ago in a 7 mm Rem mag and was really impressed with them, held together great! Now someone will jump up and remind me that they are not really bonded core. Probably right but shooting them in my 7mm mag showed me they don't separate cup and core either so don't care what they are called. Unfortunately I haven't found a load with them I like yet! Darn!!!

I'm using the Berger VLD Hunting more and more. Price per 100 is actually cheaper than Nosler Ballistic Tips, with added benifit of higher BC.
I'm not hunting cape buffalo or anything like that, so if the bullet comes apart in the animal i'm ok with that.
Usually find jacket under offside hide.

Amazing! Found e action screw's were a bit loose. Tightened them down and got a couple good groups. One is 3 shot 1/2" at 100yds the other at the same range was a full grain more powder but right at 1". Going to shoot both again several time's. I really like small group's but I hunt, no competation and my goal is 1" or under with the most velocity I can get. Pretty excited to shoot some more but gonna be a few days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back