PEAX Equipment

Crispi Nevada Legend

ida homer

I'm thinking about buying these. Does anyone have some insight in them?

They would be used from September 1st through the end of December. Unfortunately I can't swing 2 pairs of high end boots right now. They are insulated, which concerns me a little bit for archery season. In general, my feet are usually colder than everyone else I hunt with.

My thought process is that I'd rather have my feet be a little too warm in the summer than freezing in November while trying to glass. What do you guys think?

My feet seem to be colder in heavy insulated boots once I stop to glass for a bit I can't seem to get them warm again. I wear oboz no insulated waterproof boots not the most expensive about 200$. I'm one my second pair first pair I ruined by not oiling them. I would try un insulated we probably hunt in the same temps 90+ in the summer and below freezing in the winter. I use uninsulated because when I get up and move my feet warm right back up. Sorry I'm no help on crispi

I've worn out a pair of the Crispi Idahos, good boots. I think the Nevadas look like a great boot.

As for insulation, I tend to go without.

Good to know. I tried on the guide gtx yesterday. They fit my feet really well. 200 grams of light insulation, I might give them a try. Hopefully they fit my tall order of a good middle ground boot.

I haven't looked at the insert thickness on the Nevada, but the Idaho was a little more flexible than the Lowa Baffin. Probably more along the lines of a Lowa Ranger. I liked the amount of flex, even for chukar hunting.

Good to know, thanks for the insight JLS.

I'll report back with a good review on these Guide's after I get through spring bears.

I own the Nevada's, Wild Rock's, and the Wyomings. The Nevada's are a great boot, but definitely not a warm boot at all. I would say you made a good choice with the Guide. They are a little taller than I like otherwise I would own a pair.

I own the Nevada's, Wild Rock's, and the Wyomings. The Nevada's are a great boot, but definitely not a warm boot at all. I would say you made a good choice with the Guide. They are a little taller than I like otherwise I would own a pair.

They have the Wild Rock's on sale on Black Ovis right now for $292! Killer price. I think those might be too warm for September though. If anyone see's any guide's on sale for a decent price let me know, although, I'm not against paying full price for them either as I've heard great things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back