Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Kenetrek Boots- Waterproof liner or not?

MT_Chad

Hey guys, in my never ending boot quest, I have been looking for a pair of early season/summer boots for here in Montana. I have a pair of boots for later season that are insulated/waterproof, so that is covered. My question is about how many of you out there use a non-waterproof lined (gortex, etc) boot and how they do with minor water, light rains, morning dew, etc. My feet sweat terribly so I like the idea of a more breathable boot and it is generally drier than a popcorn fart here in Montana, except right now of course.

I found a pair of Kenetrek desert guides for a really good deal so I was wondering about peoples experiences with these boots or any good leather boot properly treated in the northwest? I'm going to imagine they will be at least as good as my old cheap boots that the "waterproof liner" was useless in and there was lots of seams and cordura for water to soak through.

I am also wondering about the desert guides and the hardscrabble in general, anybody have them/like them? Haven't found a pair to try on yet, I love having skis for feet. Thanks guys.

Some form of waterproof liner is a must have on boots for me. Treated, they might be good enough to turn the morning dew, etc, but I don't take that chance. I wear uninsulated, waterproof all leather boots for everything from spring turkey, summer hiking, and most all big game hunting that doesn't involve sitting still alot. I find proper socks and a spritz of antiperspirant spray can keep the foot sweat dealt with in the wamer times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back