PEAX Equipment

Ryan Zinke working hard to preserve our Public Lands again.

What do you mean do nothing but start shit? I'm sorry John, but members of this forum started shit in the Durfees long ago. This forum has likely has more personal experience and involvement in the Durfees that just about all others combined. This is an entirely relevant post in incredible germane to this forum given what I just described. How many members here have hunted it? How many members have worked to try and uncover all the shenanigans that go on there? And how many members have continued to work to fight for the Durfees?

The post wasn't about some generic strip of public land that might be important, it's about a piece of land that is near and dear to Hunt Talk.

I understand and agree, JR...I'm saying more or less the same delivery as what Mark does. Drop a link and make a vague shitty statement and sit back and watch the shit storm. I'm not saying that the Durfees aren't relevant, but it seems like sometimes threads can't start as a debate or even as a discourse from both sides that could come to an agreement and a plan to work together to counteract the actions of the article. I feel a lot of these posts, as well as Mark's posts, aren't to create a discussion on how to help an issue, it's more to start a pissing match that everyone knows will ensue.

Mark went on big rants. This guy just posted the story with a comment about the sadly relevant fact that Zinke is probably throwing us under the bus once again in spite of his insistence that he's a TR guy.

I meant bullshit because the OP knew damned well this was going to do nothing but start shit. Just like Mark's posts do. It would be nice if there could be political debates that didn't stoop to what they do on here. That's why I (personally) wish there was no political posts allowed on HT. We all, myself included, seem to be too immature to have a lively debate that doesn't stoop to mudslinging and name calling and the post straying away from the topic. It's noble to bring public land issues to the forefront, but we can't handle it here. I had a lively debate on my FB the other day with 2 friends who I consider to be liberals....we discussed and debated and understood and respected each other's viewpoints. Guess what? It was actually fun! And we are all still friends! We can't seem to do that on Hunt Talk, so there should be no politics allowed. Damn I wish hunting season would come back soon!!

So nobody should bring public land issues to a forum about public land hunting? You may be right but only because a few here are unable to have a discussion without quickly resorting to name calling because they don't agree.

Public lands - great. Respecting various opinions, great. Let's move on.

Mark went on big rants. This guy just posted the story with a comment about the sadly relevant fact that Zinke is probably throwing us under the bus once again in spite of his insistence that he's a TR guy.

My thoughts exactly Rob. And if folks don't like talking about political topics, there are plenty of other places to post on this forum.

I'm afraid we are about to see the Wilks brothers finally get what they want. It's about as relevant of a topic as you could see on this forum. Randy even did a show on the exact piece of dirt we are talking about.

I'm afraid we are about to see the Wilks brothers finally get what they want. It's about as relevant of a topic as you could see on this forum. Randy even did a show on the exact piece of dirt we are talking about.

I wouldn't be so sure, Zinke has been light on Montana when it comes to handing down changes from DC, because it's believed he wants to come home someday. I'm sure he's aware if he toys with this it could blow up in his face.

I wouldn't be so sure, Zinke has been light on Montana when it comes to handing down changes from DC, because it's believed he wants to come home someday. I'm sure he's aware if he toys with this it could blow up in his face.
We'll see. mtmuley

Interesting the hype w/o any other recent news, since September that this hits the headlines March 16th via "The Guardian".

What am I missing? Just a "reminder"... or is there something more to this?

I searched for ANY other article though the Guardian is alone. I miss others?

I hope you're right.

Interesting the hype w/o any other recent news, since September that this hits the headlines March 16th via "The Guardian".

What am I missing? Just a "reminder"... or is there something more to this?

I searched for ANY other article though the Guardian is alone. I miss others?

Does the Texas delegation's recent arm twisting to arrange private meetings for the Wilks/their reps equate to "something more?"

Lots of things happen on these issues that don't make it to "news sources." And some information that makes it to "news sources" does not always get considered newsworthy by those media outlets disengaged from the discussion or those for whom the "news" doesn't fit the existing editorial narrative.

My suggestion is to keep a close eye on this one, whether or not details get reported, and whether the reporting source is Breitbart or the Guardian. At the risk of sounding like a politician, "Trust me on this one"..... and some others that are on the radar.

If you see me flying into BLM lands in multiple states over the next few years, those lands I fly into were not chosen by coincidence. The desired effect will be the reason for choosing said location, as much, sometimes more, than the quality of the hunting.

Does the Texas delegation's recent arm twisting to arrange private meetings for the Wilks/their reps equate to "something more?"

Lots of things happen on these issues that don't make it to "news sources." And some information that makes it to "news sources" does not always get considered newsworthy by those media outlets disengaged from the discussion or those for whom the "news" doesn't fit the existing editorial narrative.

My suggestion is to keep a close eye on this one, whether or not details get reported, and whether the reporting source is Breitbart or the Guardian. At the risk of sounding like a politician, "Trust me on this one"..... and some others that are on the radar.

If you see me flying into BLM lands in multiple states over the next few years, those lands I fly into were not chosen by coincidence. The desired effect will be the reason for choosing said location, as much, sometimes more, than the quality of the hunting.

This needs to be read a couple times...there is so much more that goes on with hunting, public lands, and wildlife politics than what gets reported. Further, even when its reported, many times details are lost in the shuffle.

But, anyone that thinks that people like the wilkes ever stop trying to get what they want, they're living in fantasyland and a deep state of denial. Also, anyone that believes these issues aren't highly political and politically motived, should invest in some heavy smelling salts.

The debate is over about who is attacking public lands, public land policy, and wildlife...time to start taking action.

This forum has likely has more personal experience and involvement in the Durfees that (sic) just about all others combined.
jryoung, that is true and recall that Kat has continuously provided information regarding the several issues surrounding the Durfees after the attention garnered by the hunt segment produced by Big Fin, then the later contentious land swap proposals and fencing debacle. Much of the information and news was not widely disseminated by the prominent news media and was available only to those reading what Kat has written and shown.

Now to see the DOI, a Montanan who espouses to adhere to the philosophy of TR, seemingly sidle up to the Wilks and other high falutin Texans to oppose the position clearly expressed by Montana hunters and conservation groups is disconcerting ... to put it mildly.

I think it's safe to say this administration is indifferent to the aspirations of it's appointees. Institute policy or it's soreja mata, morning, evening, or weekend. Tough spot working in an all Trump. all day, everyday fishbowl for sure.

Amazing the depth Democrats will stoop... Really? This type of partisan koolAid service is exactly what pushes Independents another step towards the Republican side.

The scale is ever so slight as it teeters between the two though Eff'n A! ... A polite gesture of respect by Sec. Zinke and an incorrect usage of morning, afternoon and evening is given the correct language context and this was, "Insensitive"... The Democrats strike another for the "Snowflake" catagory.

Amazing! What this really presents - desperate Democrats. :W:And this made the MSNBC, CNN -liberal media circuit. Laughable!

Public lands - great. Respecting various opinions, great. Let's move on.

Now that's funny, especially coming from you.

Support from the Wilks bros could probably buy a lot of votes/support when he comes back.

I think it's safe to say this administration is indifferent to the aspirations of it's appointees. Institute policy or it's soreja mata, morning, evening, or weekend. Tough spot working in an all Trump. all day, everyday fishbowl for sure.

ISWYDT

It shouldn't be lost on us that Ryan Zinke makes Rick Perry look smart.

FWIW: The Wilks were behind the ID trespass law, which was remarkably similar to an amendment that was latched on to a trespass bill in MT last session which came out of nowhere from a freshman legislator. It's this kind of creeping influence that allows both parties to focus on the donor class rather than the people they are elected to serve. The Wilks know this, which is why they max out to R candidates at all levels. It's a cheap insurance policy to have whatever bill/policy you want enacted. Tom Steyer (Climate change) has been known to do this as has Bloomberg (Gun Control) and the Koch's who run their own dark money entity - Americans for Prosperity.

Zinke's own past on dark money and the influence it can be purchased is well known. He's been at the forefront of sham orgs who fund-raise and have a disproportionate amount of overhead and very little funds going to candidates or on the ground. From his cozy relationship with O&G execs who lease their private planes to him, to his approach to running interior as an ally of O&G, Zinke's troubling ethics should be a concern to all. So should his aspirations outside of this gig.

Now that's funny, especially coming from you.

Yes, in response to another RobG partisan off topic attempt to cloud the issue.
"Carry on"...

<Edit> assuring the above does not mix with below.

On another note:

NHY certainly has a slick subtle wit. "Sayonara" would have been my language selection though that would have been too telling! :)

Last edited:
Yes, in response to another RobG partisan off topic attempt to cloud the issue.
"Carry on"...
you should really unbunch your undies before/after reading anything I write. Maybe it is time for you to put me on ignore. I was pointing out the absurdity of the accusations against Zinke. If anything it was pro Zinke, as could be surmised by my follow up.

We will see what happens with the Durfees, but I doubt if Zinke will trade anything.

you should really unbunch your undies before/after reading anything I write. Maybe it is time for you to put me on ignore. I was pointing out the absurdity of the accusations against Zinke. If anything it was pro Zinke, as could be surmised by my follow up.

We will see what happens with the Durfees, but I doubt if Zinke will trade anything.

Sure, Rob. I'll keep my tight whities bunched with the "Duluth" sensation built in. After all, they're warrantied as such. ;)

I'm in the same boat as a few others here... Durfees are not going Wilkes direction. Zinke will not get credit for such... from the vocals here though onto other topics. :)

Back