Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Ryan Zinke working hard to preserve our Public Lands again.

Edited... opinion shared.

Man, corned beef sounds really good!

Last edited:
Sytes, I know you won't smoke a doobie, but ketchup has natural mellowing agents. You should try to include more in your diet.

That or head over to 24 hour campfire, it’s prolly a better fit. :)

JC, do you want his opinion or just play the menu game. Mildly amusing initially.

What does PaulRevere think about the topic, or is it just going to post something and let it go downhill from there like mark does?

PaulRevere thinks that Ryan Zinke and this administration are bad for public lands and the future of hunting on those lands. When are people going to stop defending them?

Trolls posting bullshit to start arguments

How is the post bullshit? Do you find it troubling Zinke is re-visiting the issue, despite the fact Montana sportsmen appear to pretty much oppose the land swap?

I have no skin in this game, but this certainly doesn't pass the initial smell test to me.

How is the post bullshit? Do you find it troubling Zinke is re-visiting the issue, despite the fact Montana sportsmen appear to pretty much oppose the land swap?

I have no skin in this game, but this certainly doesn't pass the initial smell test to me.

I meant bullshit because the OP knew damned well this was going to do nothing but start shit. Just like Mark's posts do. It would be nice if there could be political debates that didn't stoop to what they do on here. That's why I (personally) wish there was no political posts allowed on HT. We all, myself included, seem to be too immature to have a lively debate that doesn't stoop to mudslinging and name calling and the post straying away from the topic. It's noble to bring public land issues to the forefront, but we can't handle it here. I had a lively debate on my FB the other day with 2 friends who I consider to be liberals....we discussed and debated and understood and respected each other's viewpoints. Guess what? It was actually fun! And we are all still friends! We can't seem to do that on Hunt Talk, so there should be no politics allowed. Damn I wish hunting season would come back soon!!

I meant bullshit because the OP knew damned well this was going to do nothing but start shit. Just like Mark's posts do. It would be nice if there could be political debates that didn't stoop to what they do on here. That's why I (personally) wish there was no political posts allowed on HT. We all, myself included, seem to be too immature to have a lively debate that doesn't stoop to mudslinging and name calling and the post straying away from the topic. It's noble to bring public land issues to the forefront, but we can't handle it here. I had a lively debate on my FB the other day with 2 friends who I consider to be liberals....we discussed and debated and understood and respected each other's viewpoints. Guess what? It was actually fun! And we are all still friends! We can't seem to do that on Hunt Talk, so there should be no politics allowed. Damn I wish hunting season would come back soon!!

When did conserving our public lands become a partisan issue?

Last edited:
It's noble to bring public land issues to the forefront, but we can't handle it here.

With all due respect, and I genuinely mean that, people should either 1) grow up or 2) stay out of the conversations.

Having mutual respect and an open mind are learned behaviors.

I agree, I don't think it was insensitive, just insincere and ignorance on Zinke's part...it happens, get over it. Rule #1, if you don't speak the language don't try to. Rule #2, When in a meeting, stick to the task at hand.

Exactly. And that's not really a lesson he should be learning at this stage of his game. Also, she's not Japanese, she's a United States Congressperson. Her grandfather, who she talks about being in the internment camps, was born in the U.S. I don't expect anyone to greet me in German just because my great grandparents came from there... Not a huge deal by itself, but another load on the pile of things making me question this guy.

Exactly. And that's not really a lesson he should be learning at this stage of his game. Also, she's not Japanese, she's a United States Congressperson. Her grandfather, who she talks about being in the internment camps, was born in the U.S. I don't expect anyone to greet me in German just because my great grandparents came from there... Not a huge deal by itself, but another load on the pile of things making me question this guy.

Irony here. Politics. Public land...

I meant bullshit because the OP knew damned well this was going to do nothing but start shit.

What do you mean do nothing but start shit? I'm sorry John, but members of this forum started shit in the Durfees long ago. This forum has likely has more personal experience and involvement in the Durfees that just about all others combined. This is an entirely relevant post in incredible germane to this forum given what I just described. How many members here have hunted it? How many members have worked to try and uncover all the shenanigans that go on there? And how many members have continued to work to fight for the Durfees?

The post wasn't about some generic strip of public land that might be important, it's about a piece of land that is near and dear to Hunt Talk.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back