Boot fit help

MT_Chad

Hey guys, need some help on general boot fit between brands. I have two pairs of boots, a pair of cabelas meindl perfekt extremes in 13 and a pair of lowa Tibet highs in 13 I recently got off Craigslist for $100 with like 20 miles on them. Unfortunately the lowas are a little narrow and a touch short so I'm probably going to give the to my dad. The meindl fits good, it seems to have a little wider toe box which I need. Unfortunately nobody has boots in stock in my size anywhere to try on typically so I'm reaching out to you guys for help here before I order several pairs of boots. I am between the meindl Denali, the hanwag alaskan, a 14 lowa tibet, maybe kenetrek or schnees. I need help, how do these boots fit compared to the boots i have? Thanks for any help guys.

When I bought my first pair of Kenetrek's I called them with a few questions on sizing. They gave me all the answers I needed and I really like the boots. Give the company a call and see what they have to say. Most will let you return as long as you only walk on carpet or a clean surface.

The Denali fits my heel better than the Kenetrek and I feel like it has a wider toe box as well. Prefer them over the K-trek, but the build quality on both is good.

Lathrop and sons carry Lowa and Hanwag and they used to carry Meindls. Might be worth a call to them as I bet they have an idea based on their fitting service. Might try to sell you on their house brand, but those look good as well.

https://lathropandsons.com/

PS- Their footbeds are top notch.

I stopped into Sportsmans warehouse and tried on a pair of Kenetrek mountain extremes in size 14 tonight. Definitely plenty long but surprisingly the width felt good and the heel felt good. Overall I was really impressed with the boots, they seemed to fit really good.

I was looking around online at kenetrek and came across some desert guides on sale in my size. Does anybody out there have any experience with their non waterproof boots? If I got these they would be my early season boots, summer through bow season likely. I'm interested because my feet tend to sweat terribly and get ungodly hot, so loosing the waterproof liner might be pretty nice. I'm good about dressing my boots regularly, would that be enough to fend off damp grass on fall mornings? Any thoughts on the pros/cons of the desert guide vs the hardscrabble? Thanks guys.

Each boot is going to feel different for each foot. I spent hours trying different boots. It is def worth it. I settled on Denalis.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back