Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

CO harvest/hunter #s for '17 are posted.

Thanks. Stats confirm what I've experienced over the last three seasons. About the same number of hunters in the unit/season I hunt but a drop from %29 success in 2015 to 11% last year. Makes me fee a little better about not being able to find animals! And I thought it was just me.

Maybe a stupid question, but when I scroll down and look at results for 1st rifle, are those statistics reflecting results for both private and public land, or just public?

Hunted here all my life. Cover hundreds of miles archery hunting, and our herd is hurting. I can see 20 cows and there may be 2 calves. Wildlife Commission, like any government ran agency, looks at the money. Bear population is flourishing, so are lion's. Have a Commission round table in our area in June and it will be heavily attended by frustrated hunters like myself. Will be interesting to see if they are receptive to the truth.

Maybe a stupid question, but when I scroll down and look at results for 1st rifle, are those statistics reflecting results for both private and public land, or just public?

Stats are generally for entire unit, both public and private. There are also stats for Private Land Only (PLO) hunts in the same tables.

Man some of the harvest % are dismal. Mind boggling how many people will pay $660 to walk around the woods for a few days with a gun.

Man some of the harvest % are dismal. Mind boggling how many people will pay $660 to walk around the woods for a few days with a gun.
On your deathbed you will wish that you would have “walked around with a gun” just a few more days in your life...

The unit I hunted deer in last year has super low bull elk success, something like 7%. Kinda surprised me, especially when we were finding elk within 3/4 mile of the truck on pretty darn flat ground. We also had a bull walk up within 200 yards of the truck, which was parked off the main FS road. I'm thinking a lot of those 93%ers never leave the truck...

Good thing we were hunting deer and not elk :W:

Also, I'm calling BS on the statistics. At least for the unit we hunted. They're either bs or nearly all of the deer shot in the unit were shot on private.

On your deathbed you will wish that you would have “walked around with a gun” just a few more days in your life...

Insert Big Fin's saying "Hunt when you can, because you'll run out of health before you run out of money."

For all of my fellow number crunchers, I've been looking forward to these numbers coming out for awhile. There's nothing like putting in the hardwork up-front and coming out with a detailed statistics spreadsheet on the other side. After all, I am an accountatnt like Randy!! For those that don't do their own statistics, any clue on when TopRut will have their stats updated?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back