CO harvest/hunter #s for '17 are posted.

Man some of the harvest % are dismal. Mind boggling how many people will pay $660 to walk around the woods for a few days with a gun.

Not surprising when you sit back and watch how people hunting in a crowded area behave. Two years ago, 3rd rifle season, on a Saturday I watched the parking lot from a hilltop for an hour while eating my lunch. In 1 hour, no less than 9 hunters parked, walked less than 1/2 mile from their vehicles, made a loop back to the lot, and left. Another guy was actually sitting in the middle of a bunch of bushes down the hill from me the whole time, there is no way he could see a thing more than about 50' away, it was funny. It was a beautiful day though...

Numbers look to be way down in the unit I hunt and which I put in for 1st rifle this year. Previous years in 1st rifle was a 40% success rate and 2017 had a 19% success rate. Curious to know why such a drop in harvest success...previous years show the herd to be trending up, so was weather a factor, or????? It's kind of disappointing to see these numbers like this.

Anyone have and thoughts, input, or can shed some light on the situation?

Numbers look to be way down in the unit I hunt and which I put in for 1st rifle this year. Previous years in 1st rifle was a 40% success rate and 2017 had a 19% success rate. Curious to know why such a drop in harvest success...previous years show the herd to be trending up, so was weather a factor, or????? It's kind of disappointing to see these numbers like this.

Anyone have and thoughts, input, or can shed some light on the situation?

Weather

The elk hunting weather stunk last year. I am hoping for storms this fall!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back