MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

New Back Pack

tmvikings

Looking for suggestions on the best back pack available. Looking for a lite weight all in one pack, that can also haul out some meat.
Thanks.

The list is nearly endless...what's your price? How big do you need it to be? Hunting for the day, weekend, week?

Stone Glacier, Exo Mountain, Seek Outside, Mystery Ranch, Kifaru, Kuiu...and more

Stone Glacier.

You will also get recommendations for Kifaru, Exo and Seek Outsides pack. Mystery Ranch is a fan favorite on this site, however you did mention lite weight but you will still get several recommendations for them. Maybe a recommendation or 2 for Kuiu.

Get your checkbook out.

I live in Prior Lake and have a Stone Glacier Xcurve with the 5900 bag. If you want to check it out in person, let me know. I love it.

Can't go wrong with the Mystery Ranch Metcalf. Solid colors, Sub Alpine, women's version, etc. Works great pared down as a daypack, removable lid, and MR pioneered the Overload Shelf, so meat hauling is easy.

If all you are going to carry in it is a dream you made the right choice.

Are you talking to me? Have you ever used a Kifaru? I packed out 4 animals with mine this fall. The Mystery Ranch that I had didn't feel as good with heavy loads. Mystery Ranch seems to be more of a one size fits all type pack. I know you can order it in S, M, L, and such, but Kifaru asks for all of your measurements and sets up a pack just for you. Also, their belt and lumbar system is far superior in my opinion.

This is such a loaded question....everyone has their opinion of course...I suggest you do a search on the proper section on this site you ye shall find more than enough opinions :) I personally drank the koolaid and got a Mystery Ranch Marshall, is it the best...maybe...I like it.

Last edited:
My suggestion is to see if you can put your hands on a couple different ones to see which one you like the best. I did this before purchasing mine, I looked at mystery ranch, Exo, stone glacier and kuiu. I ended up with kuiu. Is it the best? I don’t know, but I know I am very happy with the pack. There was just a couple things I didn’t like about the others.

I've had 2 Kifarus and a Exo, both good packs from great companies, but in the end I picked a stone glacier Xcurve 5900, Kurt and Pete are wonderful guys to work with and it fits my back and hunting needs the best.

I should have mentioned....with you being in MN, you are welcome to stop over and check out my MR pack if you like. It's hard to find one in MN to check out in the stores.

Take these friendly MN guys up on their offers to let you try them in person. You guys can stand around with packs on and talk about Kirk Cousins :)

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back