Pacific NW hunter and fisherman

huntinandfishinfool

I grew up hunting Oregon and being mentored by my father. When my son was 3 years old I started taking him out into the field with me. A few years ago I met my wife and and moved across the river to Vancouver Washington and started taking my stepdaughter out hunting and fishing. I've been fortunate enough to do a successful DIY moose hunt in Alaska. I mule deer hunt eastern Montana every year for the last 25 years. Hunting snow goose in Saskatchewan is a kick in the pants and I've done a couple freelance hunts up there. I've only done a couple of guided hunts in my life. One was a caribou hunt in Quebec that was a total bust. The second was a guided moose hunt in Alberta that was awesome. All these hunts have been with my father. My dad was never a big elk hunter because it interfered with his duck hunting. I've tried archery elk hunting many times with no successful harvest but learn a lot everytime I've been out. This coming season will be my first year of hunting elk hard in Montana if I draw a big game combo tag. I'm kicking around the idea of hunting Idaho as well for elk. I've also researched Washington for a rifle mule deer hunt and think I have a good idea of a unit that I'll hunt. I'm 48 and my father is 70 and I still can't get him to do an elk hunt with me and with my son in college means I'm on my own. I'm kicking around the idea of looking for a hunting partner but will figure that out once I draw tags.

I enjoy hunting turkey, mule deer, snow goose, moose and elk. I found this forum researching elk hunting Montana and Idaho and look forward to sharing information and learning from others.

Welcome from MS! Hope to someday to a few of those hunts you have been on. Good luck this fall with whatever you decide to do.

Back