Caribou Gear

Pacific NW hunter and fisherman

huntinandfishinfool

I grew up hunting Oregon and being mentored by my father. When my son was 3 years old I started taking him out into the field with me. A few years ago I met my wife and and moved across the river to Vancouver Washington and started taking my stepdaughter out hunting and fishing. I've been fortunate enough to do a successful DIY moose hunt in Alaska. I mule deer hunt eastern Montana every year for the last 25 years. Hunting snow goose in Saskatchewan is a kick in the pants and I've done a couple freelance hunts up there. I've only done a couple of guided hunts in my life. One was a caribou hunt in Quebec that was a total bust. The second was a guided moose hunt in Alberta that was awesome. All these hunts have been with my father. My dad was never a big elk hunter because it interfered with his duck hunting. I've tried archery elk hunting many times with no successful harvest but learn a lot everytime I've been out. This coming season will be my first year of hunting elk hard in Montana if I draw a big game combo tag. I'm kicking around the idea of hunting Idaho as well for elk. I've also researched Washington for a rifle mule deer hunt and think I have a good idea of a unit that I'll hunt. I'm 48 and my father is 70 and I still can't get him to do an elk hunt with me and with my son in college means I'm on my own. I'm kicking around the idea of looking for a hunting partner but will figure that out once I draw tags.

I enjoy hunting turkey, mule deer, snow goose, moose and elk. I found this forum researching elk hunting Montana and Idaho and look forward to sharing information and learning from others.

Welcome from MS! Hope to someday to a few of those hunts you have been on. Good luck this fall with whatever you decide to do.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shed God
Back