Cheek weld

mdhunter

You know you are getting long in the tooth when you recognize that rifles are changing and are capable of shooting more accurately at longer distances. I am not looking for a debate on what distance you do or don’t think is ethical. My only comment is “shoot to your ability”.

All that said, who shoots with a “cheek weld” on their hunting rifle? I don’t have one yet but I find a tough time arguing against them.

Thanks for your input.

I assume he is talking about an adjustable cheek piece of some sort. I use a stock pack with a built in cheek pad and it has helped my groups and shooting. More important is a stock that fits the shooter properly and scope mounted at the correct height.

I would assume he's talking about a cheek rest too but I'd prefer to hear his response, it's much better to understand what the poster meant rather than guessing.

I have a homemade cheek weld on my hunting rifle. I bought a cheap $6 weld from amazon and put some custom-cut foam underneath and it works perfectly. The weld is soft and comfortable to put my cheek against with no abrasive rubbing during recoil. In addition, I don't have to strain my neck to hold my head up while looking through the scope; I just rest on the weld. It also helps accuracy (or so I'm told) because your "anchor point" is more consistent. Don't overthink it. Go with something cheap or make your own. Won't take any time at all, and it really makes shooting a lot more comfortable in my opinion. I personally see no need to spend big on a cheek weld.

Here's the url to one similiar to mine. I know it's about twice the price, but I believe I did get mine when it was on sale as an add-on item. There is a slew of them out there once you get to looking.

https://www.amazon.com/Allen-Buttst...1080024&sr=8-14&keywords=buttstock+cheek+rest

All my LR rifles wear one. Triad tactical makes a good one

Thanks for the tip. I guess real question is one like Triad or a plastic one that requires some drilling.

I appreciate the links and advice everyone!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back