Ammo Pouch recs?

jmustard

Looking for a new ammo pouch. I am getting rid of the one on my rifle stock. Does anyone have any recs? hopefully something that can attach to my backpack or bino harness. I am shooting a .270.
THX in advance

I've been using a nylon ammo wallet for the last 5-6 years and like them. They're inexpensive and hold 10 rounds. I had a leather one, but the brass kept tarnishing.

Looks like this:
28486821_1.jpg

Eberlestock makes a small ammo pouch that will connect to molle straps, I have one on my pack belt and it will hold 6 rounds for my 300 win mag.

I've been using a nylon ammo wallet for the last 5-6 years and like them. They're inexpensive and hold 10 rounds. I had a leather one, but the brass kept tarnishing.

Looks like this:
View attachment 81066

I agree with Ben. Nylon protects the tips of the bullets and holds the rounds securely so can put the pouch in your day pack or coat or shirt pocket. Once you have your rifle dialed in then when only hunting one critter having 10 rounds is all you need with you away from camp or your truck for the day. I keep the chamber empty until ready to take a shot so keep 3 rounds in rifle. As I chamber a round then still have two in reserve in the rifle. Or, can add a 4th round after chamber. Having another 5 rounds or so in a nylon pouch is quite bit of ammo for a day of hunting. Keep more rounds back at tent or truck with a paper target if need to check the scope after a tumble.

If I was in grizzly country then would want a few more rounds. If not using a base camp and am far from trailhead then would carry a few more rounds.

I dislike the rounds on the stock as can get bumped as tumble messing up the bullet tips or the entire holder can slip loose as snags on a branch. In general, the rounds can get dusty or muddy on the stock.

I do the same as Ben Lamb & Lopehunter. inexpensive nylon cartridge wallet that holds 10 rounds, plus the 3 I carry in the rifle. Probably more than you'll actually need on a weeklong hunt.

Handmade in MT by a fellow HuntTalker

pXOTtwR.jpg

kHtUk4X.jpg

Edit: I need to figure out how to not make giant pictures

Last edited:
Back