Signs of spring

Spring sports are the best.
Your daughter still doing track? High jump IIRC...

Love the days the weather cooperates. I hope my son appreciates the opportunities he's getting someday. The number of games they're playing and the quality of facilities for 10yo's is amazing.

The high end clothing companies like Sitka are missing the boat. Instead of marketing work/casual wear, they need to tap into the spring sports mom market. Windproof or wind resistant, slightly insulated, women's yoga pants are a billion dollar idea! :D

Dog turds emerging from their winter slumber in the backyard. Spring is headed this way!

NM spring.
Robins & sunny 65 one day & a blizzard & 25 deg the next with 50mph winds. Below zero with wind chill last night.
Now the snow is in TX....

Your daughter still doing track? High jump IIRC...

Love the days the weather cooperates. I hope my son appreciates the opportunities he's getting someday. The number of games they're playing and the quality of facilities for 10yo's is amazing.

The high end clothing companies like Sitka are missing the boat. Instead of marketing work/casual wear, they need to tap into the spring sports mom market. Windproof or wind resistant, slightly insulated, women's yoga pants are a billion dollar idea! :D

Ha.. When the boy was doing Lacrosse, first game of the season here was always a road trip to Billings, and always with horizontal rain/sleet/snow. The moms would be in the cars, honking for the goals, while most of us dad's were out at the field supporting the boys. We were always in agreement that the women were the smart ones.

Daughter just finished her first NCAA indoor track season, 3rd place in Ivy league championship. 5' 9 3/4" PR, #9 D1 Freshman in nation. This coming weekend is her first big outdoor meet at Florida State. I really wish I could be there..

I can imagine the weather in your part of the world makes what we get here in the spring pale in comparison.

Congrats to your daughter! She's doing great! And apparently getting a top notch education. Congrats to the both of you, well done.

Sandhill cranes in the Bitterroot Valley on Sunday, western bluebirds yesterday. And as Ben mentioned, I cleaned up three month's worth of dog piles in the yard.

I heard that today is the first day of spring. Sure hasn't arrived yet.

Taken this morning form the bedroom window

Attachments

• DSCN1892.jpg
    DSCN1892.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 120
HA! Snowing in Minnesota today, I'm still waiting for a good melt so I can start looking for sheds. Usually by this time the snow would almost be gone in central MN.

MTGomer, those dog recovered? Great sheds!

Nice to see a bit more than white. However, our slight bit of ground showing faded with Old Man Winter getting a little chuckle in before heading elsewhere this morning...

Posted by Ben Lamb, "Dog turds emerging from their winter slumber in the backyard. Spring is headed this way!"

Harley said, "Famous poets for 200 Ben...."

Nice, well played, +1

We got another 8-10" last night. I'm so sorry to hear of all the animals lost where winter hit hard and late. Mother Nature sure has not been kind these past couple years.

Calling them ‘dog recovered’ would be pretty generous to the dogs, but we can let them stoke their egos.

Back