Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Signs of spring

Default Signs of spring

Saw a Meadowlark and also a Robin just south of Whitehall today. No Bluebirds sighted yet, but I hear they're around. Come on spring...
    Oh give me a home with a low interest loan,
    a cowgirl and two pickup trucks.

A color TV,
    all the beer should be free,
    and that, man, is Rancho Deluxe.

Turkeys are tuning up here in southern Indiana.

Could be worse, you could be praying for snow like here in gods country
    Colorado's Sexiest Elk Hunter 2009-2018
    Squirrel's and SteveE 's super secret man crush
    SSSMC-2016-2017

Wild asparagus is the first real sign of spring for me.
    Hasbean

We have been waiting on the Robins here in Southern Alberta, gophers are popping up everywhere.
    "Unthinkable respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth" Albert Einstein
    "Even if we win, we lose – the process has become the punishment" Ezra Levant

It doesn't feel like spring yet, but I took the dog for our nightly walk yesterday evening and chunks of bare ground that have been covered since November are now visible.

I have numerous bird houses on my property, and the last three years I have found the first bluebird egg the last week of March. Once I find one of those, Spring has arrived.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    “It is well to go all out sometimes.” - Elers Koch

Haven't seen any birds but I went for a run in shorts yesterday...the locals complained of my white legs and I hear there were reports of a yeti in the general area I was in so atleast I didn't go unnoticed

The dim green tint of pre-emergent on a brown lawn....

Robins singing,bluebirds on the roof & 36 this morning & sunny.

I've seen a couple flocks of robins and the chickadees are singing their spring tune here in southern MN. There is still 2' of snow in my front yard and I had to drill through 36" of ice to get at the bluegills this past weekend. I'm ready for spring.

Boreas is reading this... I'm too skerrrd to comment.

PISS ON WINTER! SPRING IS HERE!

Ha!
    Last edited by Sytes; 03-13-2018 at 09:22 AM. Reason: So much for Latin. Don't want to offend the Northern Winds God...
    " There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - Theodore Roosevelt
    Live to work or work to live... Your choice.

Canada geese are pairing up and fighting over nesting territory out my back window, and yesterday Mr and Mrs Woodduck were checking out some trees for suitable nesting locales. The mallard pair who have already set up in the area were not too kindly.
    No one can go back and make a brand new start, however anyone can start from now and make a new ending.

Name:  ProngWinterKill.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  25.3 KB
    KMA. View from the field last Thursday. We are due for a warm up. It was 2F when I went to work this morning. Less snow in Yellowstone last weekend.

Plows keeping the lopes off the road.

Glad things are breaking out there maybe it will help the animals. I almost feel guilty catching spring run crappie and my neck is peeling from the first sunburn of the year from a few weeks ago.

A month from now, I hope to be in the morels like this again. It has been a while since I filled my mushroom bag up. We are due for a good morel crop this year.

The song birds have definitely arrived here in E Wa in the last week or so. I let the dogs out this morning and heard a couple turkey's sounding off up the canyon, probably just coming off the roost.
    Elitist Hunter

"Never let schooling [work] get in the way of your education" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by mtmiller View Post
    Plows keeping the lopes off the road.
    That's horrible. I wish we could send some of this heat up there. 58° in the garden city today.

65 @ Camp Hank.

Central Minnesota still covered up by at least 2 ft of snow. Wish it would start melting faster, I'm itching to get out and find some sheds but the last snow was great enough to cover everything up!
    To what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?

62 right now.
    Fear the beard....

Darling daughter's flight out of Boston was cancelled today, blizzard warning. Poor princess has to wait another day to go to Florida..
    Oh give me a home with a low interest loan,
    a cowgirl and two pickup trucks.

A color TV,
    all the beer should be free,
    and that, man, is Rancho Deluxe.

23. Default

What's a Bluebird?or a Meadowlark?80F in Phoenix today!Coyotes and Cottontails are shedding.1 frozen morning all winter.
    Send us some moisture,spawning season and no water.

Robins, goldfinches, bluebirds aplenty and I've already cut my grass twice but yesterday we had 4" of snow about an hour North of here.
    Everything will be alright in the end. If it is not alright, then it is not yet the end.

Dol dh'iarruidh an fhortain do North Carolina.

Wait, what happened to winter? Was that it?!?!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast