Worth the special draw?

cking13

Im planning my first mule deer hunt for my brother and myself for 2019. We will have two points each for Wyoming. Im not finding a unit I would want to burn two points on, and I really would like to build them for a better area anyways. That being said, with the most recent draw odds I can find, we should be able to draw region D, Y, or R as second choice in the special draw. Ive read everything I could find on the regions and most say the same thing, the populations and quality is down (except region D). My brother is hell bent on archery hunting for our first muley trip, and as long as I get to keep my points I dont have a problem heading out in September. So the question is...are any of these regions worth it? He'll probably shoot the first thing with antlers he sees, and Ill hold off as long as I can for a decent buck. I also see where some of the units in Region D dont have antler restrictions, so im assuming the population is doing better there than Y or R.

Research it. There has been units some years that odds were better in the regular draw. You just never know who else is going to do what.

I’m gonna check the odds again after this years draw. Just trying to get my ducks in a row and have the best hunt possible. I obsess over this stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back