Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Crazy Mountain access meeting?

Or maybe a title like “best elk bullet” or I just applied for “unit XYZ and I’m not looking for your honey hole”

From what I hear there is plenty going on with this and might not be all good. If I lived closer I would go also —hope someone can attend and fill us in.

Last edited:
I was out of town with my family on spring break (still am). I’ve been trying to get some info on what transpired and pass it on. Thanks for the interest.

I got updates from a couple people. The tone of the meeting was non-confrontational. Around 70-90 people showed up, but after Kat, Brad Wilson (of Friends of the Crazy Mountains) and a lawyer spent nearly two hours talking about how much they liked the trail and the evidence of historical use only about 30 people were left. People were confused on what the message was. It appears to be something like "I love this trail and it has a lot of historical use and the Forest Service didn't do enough to protect it." Nobody disputes that. However, the alternative to the FS proposal is to sue the landowner, which is an enormous undertaking, but I guess that wasn't brought up.

By the time the other people were allowed to speak everyone was too burned out and there seemed no segue to the deeper issues.

A few people asked Kat/Brad about the proposal but they didn't know the answers to the questions. The Friends of the Crazy Mountains Facebook page is saying they gave out a lot of factual information, which I guess is true, but the facts don't seem to be disputed. The question is which way forward serves the public interest the best?

The Forest Service may hold an informational meeting later on. I should note that nothing about this proposal is binding at this stage - we just need to thoroughly investigate this option before decided to litigate. FS is seeking comments on what sort of issues the new trail might create.

That's just my report of the reports... Don't kill the messenger.

one issue I am waiting on to see is the forest service and their finding on not needing the environmental studies, ect. for this new trail,,
when the new road trail to go around the wilkes in the breaks was brought up, one big stumbling block I remember is the environmental reports studies could take years, same federal government,,,,,

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back